Leisure Battery vs Power Bank..

Anker SOLIX C800 Plus Portable Power Station 768Wh | 1200W £499
so, sending the Bluetti ac70 back and considering this instead

So, im a nomadic golfer, use the van mostly for traveling around the country playing golf, im in and out of the club house so try and use all amenities as much as possible the power bank is there for the evening and really only to sleep, so need to power computer , phones, small travel kettle and porridge maker, maybe a fan havent needed that yet, ok during the cold season an electric blanket for 30-60 mins

I can recharge the bank when driving or when in the club house plugged into the mains.

I don't really wnat to instal a full electric system, any advice would be much appreciated.

Most of those points have already been addressed on your other thread?

Again your desire to use 12v power via an 240v inverter for cooking and heating is going to dominate the choice of your solution. You will not be able to recharge a power bank of the size you need while driving, the downside of almost all of them is slow 12v charging.

There is one exception if you count the dedicated EcoFlow DC-DC charger just launching.

Switching to an electric blanket is certainly a better choice for electric heating though.

I think though from the numbers on the previous thread you likely want a power bank with a longer run time. Or use a £20 portable gas stove for a kettle and porridge.

If you really want to recharge as fast as practical choose a power bank that has a higher capacity solar input - these can often be used to about 15A rather than 8A you just need to put a fused connection cable into your van electrics at a sensible point (under the passenger seat usually) - to give you an idea of scale a true LB system will be charging at 30-50A while driving.

Back