Looking for advice: Which ODB tool to choose?

Interesting, Can you maybe elaborate on the digital dash part? Same here... No oil temp or water temp at the moment.
Many different parameters can be shown in real-time direct from ecu data via an Bluetooth obd reader using torque lite app or car scanner etc .
This is just an example from my phone .
Screenshot_20240527_090231_Torque (Lite).jpg
You can change the type of display , colours, background, size of display HUD mode , etc etc . Also change the colour of displays if upper or lower parameters are reached i.e. i set water temp to turn to red if it reaches above 100° .

Last edited:
Interesting, Can you maybe elaborate on the digital dash part? Same here... No oil temp or water temp at the moment.
The digital dash shows oil and water temps without any Bluetooth dongle.

This is a snip of the dpf app I use with Carista (no subscription to Carista needed).

IMG_2289.png

Do people panic about their soot levels that much that they need to watch them that closely?
If you see the amount of threads around of expensive engine work from not doing so...

I have no idea why something that can make such a dramatic difference to the life of the engine is not visible in the standard displays.

It's a good idea to get an understanding of what happens on your van and your driving pattern. You can then make an informed choice of if you want to monitor closely or it's not so important to you.

Just ordered the carista, using the voucher "SFDcarista". Is in on Tuesday :)

Cheers guys! Thanks for all the advice

Back