Low profile pop top roof and rail bed system reccomendations

Led Sandwich

VIP Member
HI All, i am looking to get a pop top roof fitted to my T6 and am leaning towards a vanmax pop top for the low profile design. i want to have a rear rock and roll bed on rails and am a little worried about passenger head room when travelling. From what I've read this will rule out the Rib Glidemotion combo but id be interested to see peoples opinions and recommendations /experience.

thanks
Aaron

I've got a Skyline Skylow pop top and Smart bed Evo on rails. I was concerned about head room too. But it's fine.

There's never going to be a huge amount of headroom with a low roof and raised bench. But how often are you going have passengers in there? Are any of them 6ft+ tall?

We're all short arses. And rarely have passengers. I just went for it, and like say itt been fine.

My mate has a rib bed on rails and an even lower roof than mine. Can't remember the brand. It's flush with the roof of the van though, looks awesome. Even that combo is fine with kids in the back etc. maybe not for the 6 or 7ft tall friend however.

Having said this, it's probably best to see as many examples as possible at upcoming van shows. Get exact measurements from manufacturers and installers so you know you're happy before putting massive holes in your van.

Last edited:
Back