Lowered 70mm on 20s - does it look *low* or not?

I have a LWB T32 Kombi. I run 275/40 19s, which are virtually identical rolling radius as the VW supplied optional extras of
275/35 20s.

Early on I had H&R load rated -50mm springs fitted.

My standard wheel centre to arch heights were 460F & 470R.

After the -50mm springs fitted they were
405F & 420R.

Since then I’ve fitted seat base swivels and have an IKEA Hammarn sofa bed in the back etc.
Probably carrying 50kg in total.
Heights settled down to 400F & 410R.

Latest addition is Koni Special Short struts and shocks from @CRS Performance .

Heights now down to 390F & ~400R.
So, actually down 70mm front and rear although only very, very lightly loaded!
Andy

Hi all,

Those of you down around 70mm on 20 inch wheels, would you describe the van looking low, or just right? Having a hard time deciding what I want to go with so any pictures would be great.

I know there are lots of choices and ride height is only part of the decision making process, but seeing how things look at this height might help me pull my finger out and get it done!

Thanks
Hey

I have 20” urban wheels with 275/35 tyres and kw/stx coilovers at their lowest which i think is about 60mm drop

It’s not low, and looks sesnsible / I think to be low and noticeable comapared tothe likes of a v class or you need to be at 80mm which looks good

Hey

I have 20” urban wheels with 275/35 tyres and kw/stx coilovers at their lowest which i think is about 60mm drop

It’s not low, and looks sesnsible / I think to be low and noticeable comapared tothe likes of a v class or you need to be at 80mm which looks good
Any pics?

I have a LWB T32 Kombi. I run 275/40 19s, which are virtually identical rolling radius as the VW supplied optional extras of
275/35 20s.

Early on I had H&R load rated -50mm springs fitted.

My standard wheel centre to arch heights were 460F & 470R.

After the -50mm springs fitted they were
405F & 420R.

Since then I’ve fitted seat base swivels and have an IKEA Hammarn sofa bed in the back etc.
Probably carrying 50kg in total.
Heights settled down to 400F & 410R.

Latest addition is Koni Special Short struts and shocks from @CRS Performance .

Heights now down to 390F & ~400R.
So, actually down 70mm front and rear although only very, very lightly loaded!
Andy
Do you feel a comfort difference on the Konis? I’m running springs only lowered by 40mm and 255/35 on 20’s, ride is so harsh.

Do you feel a comfort difference on the Konis? I’m running springs only lowered by 40mm and 255/35 on 20’s, ride is so harsh.
Hi @burnsy79

Definitely much better!
I had discussions and emails with Steve @CRS Performance.

As mine is on the -50mm H&R springs I had to have Steve’s Koni Special Short struts and shocks.
I believe, that as yours is only down 40mm you could have the Koni Special Active set. These would improve ride even further.

Also, I’ve recently lowered the tyre pressures to 40psi all round, as my T32 is almost empty.
This has also reduced low speed speed crashing over potholes etc.
The only remaining issue is that I bought the heavy duty -50 H&R spring set as mine’s a T32.
I think rear springs suited to the low rear weight of mine would be the icing on the cake.
I would recommend you email/speak with Steve @CRS Performance so he/they can discuss your personal situation and find the best solution.

Definitely make the trip to see them and have the work done there if you can.
I wish now that I had!

Hope this helps
Andy

Back