Mileage On A Van

John Treherne

Hi there. I'm looking at buying a van. There is one local to me it's a 2014 and has 89k on the clock. Is this high? What should I look out for. My mechanic knowledge could fit on a postage stamp.

It's a bit on the highside, typically I would of said 10-12k miles per year is average for most... But these vans are capable of 200k+ in a lifetime if regularly serviced.

So with that in mind make sure it's had regular services in the service history book...

Is it the right engine size for what you want..? What will it be used for....

It certainly looks well looked after. Not sure if that price is a bit high for that mileage/year/spec.

Totally comes down to how it’s been looked after mechanically then, at that mileage lots of work should have been done on the wearing parts so worth checking the service history in detail.

Good luck with your search!

It certainly looks well looked after. Not sure if that price is a bit high for that mileage/year/spec.

Totally comes down to how it’s been looked after mechanically then, at that mileage lots of work should have been done on the wearing parts so worth checking the service history in detail.

Good luck with your search!

Great thank you. What would you reccomend as an appropriate price. I'm going to see if I can get a mechanic to view it with me. Just dont want to buy a lemon

Great thank you. What would you reccomend as an appropriate price. I'm going to see if I can get a mechanic to view it with me. Just dont want to buy a lemon
Sounds like a good plan.

Sorry, I don’t know the going rate for a T5 of that spec and mileage. Was looking at getting a T6 panel van with a high spec and 10-20k and was hoping to spend around 15k. But I did end up buying nearly new for a much higher price though so you shouldn’t listen to me on that! as long as you are happy that it’s right, just had a quick search on autotrader and it does look about right (although for a bit more you could get a T6 ;))

Get it bought it’s cheap. Mate bought a 63 plate with 60k on for 12.5k and that was a insurance CAT job which didn’t have the bed in the back or owt !

The problem with pricing off a pic if that it’s bloody tough, I purchased my t6 highline kombi at 25k with 70k on the clock. However it was very well looked after ex rental with full history and a very very nice spec. I did see some around the 21k mark which looked cheap but they were dogs. Best to view and let your gut take you.
Also the van scheme pricing varies heavily as what people think a van is worth and reality can sometimes be either super off or bang on
Hope this helps

What @J88arv said! I paid 28.5k for a 18months hold T6 kombi highline with 25k on the clock, which was below market average by like 3-5K... however it’s black and the paintwork isn’t great! (But that’s my OCD opinion) I personally think I got a bargain

Just make sure you have a good look round, what about buying a cheap panel van then doing it to your own spec?!

Back