Sold New 12v Webasto Air Top 2000 STC underslung diesel heater kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldiebut goodie

VIP Member
T6 Legend
Will be listing it on the bay of E next week (March) as there is no interest here. ( I will not bother doing any more for our vans as the interest is so poor)

New 12v Webasto Air Top 2000 STC underslung diesel heater kit.
Proper sturdy Webasto mount - not one of the flimsy Ebay ones.
New, has been fitted once, not used and then tested by me after removal.
New 1m waterproof neoprene ducting + 0.8m interior ducting with clips. Duct joiner for passing through the floor.
New flat vent for air intake in step + ball vent for output.
New 1.3m total stainless exhaust pipe with silencer, clamps and brackets.
New fuel pump, fuel line, joining rubbers and clips. New tank fuel extraction pipe for a T6, ( Return line has been ruled out for use now as there is a non-return valve inside the pump which prevents fuel from being drawn back from the tank ), or, if you have a 6.1 you can use an elbow on the top of the in-tank pump - see last pic.
Length combustion air intake pipe with silencer.
New remote temperature sensor.
New Multicontrol controller.

£650 inc P&P UK only.

IMG_2212 (Copy).JPG

IMG_2213 (Copy).JPG

IMG_2214 (Copy).JPG

IMG_2215 (Copy).JPG

IMG_2216 (Copy).JPG

IMG_2217 (Copy).JPG

IMG_2218 (Copy).JPG

IMG_2219 (Copy).JPG

IMG_2220 (Copy).JPG

IMG_2221 (Copy).JPG

Last edited:
No - totally different fitments. The OEM ducting is 90mm whereas the 2Kw heaters use 60mm. The OEM ducting is designed for the Air Top 3500 ST which is a lot bigger and heavier heater. People have used the OEM ducts with them with 90 - 60mm reducers but in my view that is just a bodge job.

No - totally different fitments. The OEM ducting is 90mm whereas the 2Kw heaters use 60mm. The OEM ducting is designed for the Air Top 3500 ST which is a lot bigger and heavier heater. People have used the OEM ducts with them with 90 - 60mm reducers but in my view that is just a bodge job.
Thanks, so what is the option if I want to use the B pillar |OEM please?

Ideally you want to use a heater with 90mm outlet/inlet with the OEM mount. VW didn't produce a mount and ducting for the smaller 60mm heaters. The mount in my kit is made by Webasto for the T5/6/6.1 specifically for the 2 Kw heaters.

Ideally you want to use a heater with 90mm outlet/inlet with the OEM mount. VW didn't produce a mount and ducting for the smaller 60mm heaters. The mount in my kit is made by Webasto for the T5/6/6.1 specifically for the 2 Kw heaters.
Thanks, I remenber reading that its not good to use a bigger heater though.

OEM fit was the 3500 which is 3.5Kw.
It all depends upon how you intend to use your heater, I fitted an Air Top Evo 40 4Kw heater to my van as it is a high top LWB with rear shower room/toilet and I want a lot of heat quickly. I don't use a heater for sleeping overnight, bedclothes are for keeping warm and I sleep with ventilation all year.

OEM fit was the 3500 which is 3.5Kw.
It all depends upon how you intend to use your heater, I fitted an Air Top Evo 40 4Kw heater to my van as it is a high top LWB with rear shower room/toilet and I want a lot of heat quickly. I don't use a heater for sleeping overnight, bedclothes are for keeping warm and I sleep with ventilation all year.
Thanks again. So would the 4kW heater fit with the OEM Step, B pillar and brackets to support the heater? Sorry for all thw questions

Hi, do you install these as well? If so I would be interested to receive a quote, please - I'll PM you the details separately on request. Thanks, Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back