No spare wheel or carrier

I think a spare is a no cost option. Something to do with the basic vehicle being used for emission figures without any 'extras' so if a spare is made an extra it is lighter thus lower emissions when tested. Probably the same reasoning why a rubber floor covering is a no cost option.

Rod

At the end of the day that's what i have ended up with ...and there is no way the dealer is going to supply me with a jack carrier and spare wheel and Norwich is a long way from Derbyshire so i will just buy it all ...job done .
On a bright note the guy's converting my panel van said i could have a spare wheel thrown in ...so that's not so bad

Try the dealer that supplied the van, I bet he has plenty of standard steel wheels in the workshop from owners requiring alloys fitted. The one that I bought my previous van from gave (yes gave) me four.

Rod

Having had a Vito with just the crappy tyre foam and writing two days off due to punctures I made sure the T6 came with a spare wheel (and I locked the spare wheel as they are easy to steal) the frustration of not having a spare is no joke. Loss of a days work and expense . I hope you get your jack and spare wheel. I understood it was included as standard on all T6.

I’ve just collected my T30 Kombi Edition and I’m looking for a spare wheel carrier. There are quite a few on eBay but most are advertised as T5. I’m pretty sure the carrier will not be any different between the T5 and T6 but can anyone confirm before I order one please.

Many thanks

Since when do they not come with a spare wheel carrier? Is it because so many have had the spare wheel stolen from underneath it ? The next thing will be primer only under the bonnet....

Since when do they not come with a spare wheel carrier? Is it because so many have had the spare wheel stolen from underneath it ? The next thing will be primer only under the bonnet....
I understand that non of the Editions have spare wheels despite the alloys only being 17inch. It has been suggested that’s it a weight issue but I do not want to rely on a can of foam especially when overseas.

I have just taken a carrier and pin off my 10 Kombi and put it on my 14 Sportline, you have to bend the hinge pin straight to get it out then re bend it when refitting.
Two bolts hold the carrier in the up position. the S line had no carrier or spare and did not have the holding bolts, One bolt on the Kombi is held captive once fully undone and the other is fully removable. I used the removable one and used a m10 nut and bolt for the other.
Get on you knees it'll make sense.

Back