Oil Extraction Pumps

I always wonder if the sudden rush of 7+ litres of hot oil out of the the sump plug hole will take any debris laying around with it?
That did cross my mind. Wouldn’t call it a sudden rush, mind, but debris could definitely be left behind.

I have a filter mag on the motorbike oil filter, which I took off my L200. Shame the filter on the van is in plastic housing

In other news I filled up with some Ceratec and that’s made a big difference to noise.

Just bought a Sealy extraction pump for 27 quid. Looking forward to try it. Didn’t really mind using the manual I have got but I want to get rid of it, it takes a lot of space in the garage.

Just bought a Sealy extraction pump for 27 quid. Looking forward to try it. Didn’t really mind using the manual I have got but I want to get rid of it, it takes a lot of space in the garage.
I’ve just seen your action shot and it looks like your Sealey unit is the same as my Clarke unit. Makes oil changes a lot slicker (ok I’ll get my jacket)
Bought oil extractor pump and 10L of castrol professional.

5000 miles oil change.
09882-ed4-b1-db-4821-b4-b5-dca77-b9-ebf52-jpg.167909
View attachment 167909

I bet they are all made in the same cinese Factory :)
27 quid seems reasonable for a brand very good at customer service and they never failed me over the years.

Hi all,

Please help !

I’m attempting to remove a small amount of engine oil, as I’ve over filled ! I bought the sealy oil extractor however, the hose doesn’t go into the tube leading to the engine block. I can feed it in an inch or so but that’s it.

Thank you

which one you got?

the tube should go down the dipstick pipe

Last edited:
I think that is generally for gearboxes / differentials.

Engine oil extractors usually have a long thin nylon pipe that goes all the way down to the sump via the dipstick tube. Probably a meter long and rigid so it doesnt collapse under vacuum.

You might be able to improvise by adding nylon pipe to your syringe??

I wouldn’t add! If it gets stack then it’s a problem. Just buy a pipe the length you want, for 1M it will
Cost you a couple of squids.

Yeh....

Looking at this, it's not going to work.

Screenshot_20240403_104635_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Back