Oil leak at the clutch pedal

Dexterians

Hello,

I'm new to the group.

I bought a used T6.1 5 months ago with 131,000kms in manual gearbox (2.0 150hp).

I just noticed today that I had a small loss of oil at the clutch pedal.
I also found a tiny piece of blue elastic gasket.

I tried to find a similar problem on the internet but couldn't find anything.

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

I'm attaching a photo

IMG_6829.jpg

The guilty..

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
check the brake oil reservoir to see if you are loosing oil?

get under the dash and remove the lower tray to see where its coming from?

assumed clutch peddle master cyclinder?

Reactions: Loz
vérifier le réservoir d'huile de frein pour voir si vous perdez de l'huile ?

passer sous le tableau de bord et retirer le plateau inférieur pour voir d'où il vient ?

maître-cylindre de pédale d'embrayage supposé ?
I'll have a look at the brake fluid but it happened today so she's only lost what's in the photo.

I'll take this apart and have a look.

According to a mechanic friend of mine, it's actually coming from the "clutch emitter cylinder".

Thanks for your quick reply.

check the brake oil reservoir to see if you are loosing oil?

get under the dash and remove the lower tray to see where its coming from?

assumed clutch peddle master cyclinder?
Do you know where I can find instructions on how to disassemble the bottom properly?

Have a Search with clutch master cylinder, this item has been known to fail but I’ve never heard of leakage inside the van.
Be careful the hydraulic fluid will damage the paint.

Faites une recherche avec le maître-cylindre d'embrayage, cet article est connu pour tomber en panne, mais je n'ai jamais entendu parler de fuite à l'intérieur de la camionnette.
Attention, le liquide hydraulique risque d'endommager la peinture.
It's strange that this should be known, but there's no leak inside the van. I hope I'm not an exceptional case.

Have a Search with clutch master cylinder, this item has been known to fail but I’ve never heard of leakage inside the van.
Be careful the hydraulic fluid will damage the paint.
if it's a known problem where the oil usually flows?

Internal leak in the master cylinder I think.
I think so too, I sent photos to two friends who are mechanics and they both told me the same thing.

One of them told me it would cost about 500€ (the part costs 70€ apparently but it requires a lot of labor). Do you have any idea of how much it would cost?

Does that sound realistic?

I think so too, I sent photos to two friends who are mechanics and they both told me the same thing.

One of them told me it would cost about 500€ (the part costs 70€ apparently but it requires a lot of labor). Do you have any idea of how much it would cost?

Does that sound realistic?
I have no idea on your local labour rate, it’s not an easy position to work in. However if I was quoted 500 Euros I’d be getting another quote or doing it myself.

Je n'ai aucune idée de votre taux de main-d'œuvre local, ce n'est pas un poste facile pour travailler. Cependant, si on me proposait 500 euros, j'obtiendrais un autre devis ou je le ferais moi-même.
I'm not sure I could do that myself. I must admit I'm not very good at mechanics. But I'll try to negotiate with one of my two friends.

Thanks for your advice :)

Beware, the fluid is corrosive. Also, if you get it on the bottom of your shoe, your foot may slip off the brake pedal.

@Dexterians, be aware that the fluid that is leaking is also the brake fluid, if you don’t maintain the correct level in the reservoir you could loose the ability to brake.
It'll be fine brake wise. The feed to the clutch sits higher, so if the clutch does lose all it's fluid then it can't drain the brake reservoir.

Back