P20EE00 OBD11 fault

T65475

Good evening.

I have joined the engine management light club unfortunately. My circumstances, travelled to Paris ( Disney ), remained there doing shirt journeys for four days, then drove home. Drove off the channel tunnel and stopped at the fuel station, half filled with diesel and set off on the M20 for home ( Suffolk ) . As I drove out of the fuel station the light came on. No performance issues but it seemed to be drinking a bit of fuel.
Managed to stick the neigbours OBD11 on it and the P20ee00 code came up. There were a couple of other stored codes but nothing related. I have reset the fault but was wondering whether the symptoms should cause me concern??? I will run it to work tomorrow (100mile round trip) and see if it reactivated. Adblue seems fine at 1500miles. ( I will refill over the next few days ).
I am concerned I may be having to shell out for a nox sensor replacement??

Thanks in advance

IMG-20230102-WA0017.jpg

IMG-20230102-WA0016.jpg

IMG-20230102-WA0015.jpg

Quite common, and is just a note that the nox level was high at some point. If it cleared (EML went out) then nothing to worry about.

I’ve had my engine warning light on for a little while recently, I’m under the VW all-in-plan and had SMG Tonbridge take a look, they say the fault code P20EE00 is due to a software upgrade needed and want £207 to fix this…I’m told software upgrades aren’t covered by the all-in-plan…stealers being stealers!!

And apparently my radio needs a software update too at the cost of £138

I agree, so bored of this All-in-Plan except when we decide otherwise.

I don’t like running a vehicle with any type of warning lamp, is this code worthy of a dealer fix or do I purchase a carista and clear myself.

I'd carista and clear it. That's what AA vw assist did to mine. Then got the latest software upgrade free from the Stealer

I'd carista and clear it. That's what AA vw assist did to mine. Then got the latest software upgrade free from the Stealer
AA Assist did my software update but long storey short and numerous visits to the stealers I ended up with new glow plug 3, a new turbo gasket and eventually a new SCR injector which, touching a huge piece of wood, seems to have cured the re-occurring fault.

In general I think the SCR system is far too fickle and after speaking to numerous "experts" my conclusion is that if the injector did not provide a fix I would of gone down the re-map route

Like the OP I can not stand the anxiety of re-occurring warning lights .... The cost of VW ownership I guess

Back