Pendle Performance closed down?

kristof46

T6 Pro
Hi,

Has anyone else had any issues with Pendle Performance recently?

Currently sat outside for my 1pm appointment and there’s no sign of him.

There was another customer here who’d driven 4 hours for a 9am appointment that was also a no show from Pendle.

No answer on the phone or any other methods of contact.

Wouldn’t mind but he’s had a £50 deposit and made no contact to advise he wouldn’t be open.

I’m guessing that Pendle is a franchise, if one person doesn’t show up it’s unlikely to be because they have closed down.

Hi,

Has anyone else had any issues with Pendle Performance recently?

Currently sat outside for my 1pm appointment and there’s no sign of him.

There was another customer here who’d driven 4 hours for a 9am appointment that was also a no show from Pendle.

No answer on the phone or any other methods of contact.

Wouldn’t mind but he’s had a £50 deposit and made no contact to advise he wouldn’t be open.
Just keep in mind it might be a medical emergency. I had a customer not turn up for a meeting last week, I was a bit pissed but later found out he was in a bad way. Soon puts things in to perspective!

Hi,

Of course I have kept this in mind but after having an ask around it would appear this has happened to a few people lately and even some agents who haven’t been able to get hold of them whilst waiting for maps to be sent back for customers they have waiting.

I was asking on here as it seems odd that a company that has the reputation they do would be taking bookings and deposits and then not showing up.

I’d expect that if there is an issue that over a week would be enough time to suspend bookings and taking payments or is that unfair?

Hi,

Of course I have kept this in mind but after having an ask around it would appear this has happened to a few people lately and even some agents who haven’t been able to get hold of them whilst waiting for maps to be sent back for customers they have waiting.

I was asking on here as it seems odd that a company that has the reputation they do would be taking bookings and deposits and then not showing up.

I’d expect that if there is an issue that over a week would be enough time to suspend bookings and taking payments or is that unfair?
No I totally agree with you, just sharing a recent experience that will make me look at things differently from now on. We never know what's going on in peoples lives.

Martin was never good at communication, answering phones etc. Very stand offish too. I found him a hard man to like. He's not the Messiah of mapping as he would profess to be, other mappers are out there! Having said that he is very good and knows what he's doing.

It doesn't surprise me he's gone off the radar but you just don't know the reasons why .

I've been told by someone who knows him hes having some personal problems at the moment

*comment edited by moderator

Last edited by a moderator:
I set off this morning at 4:15am to drive to Barnoldswick, arrived there about 9am, the guy was there and said "is it an early 2021?" I said I don't know, why? He then said that he can't tune the later (Bosch) variant... I popped the bonnet and he said " nope, can't do anything with that yet, but we are working on doing a tune for them, might be two weeks or six months though!

He then went on about how he has lost money now that he can't work on my vehicle, nothing about sorry for dragging you 250 miles (each way) for nothing. He said he would remeber my name and I wouldn't have to pay the deposit next time, rather inferring that he didn't want to refund me, I think. He's a rather large chap and I certainly wasn't in the mood or condition for fisty cuffs, so I've emailed him and asked for a refund!

Then he said he tried to call me yesterday (Monday) but I had no missed called and no messages. I actually tried to call him on Friday evening but had no response.
He said never mind, he has a friend with cancer and a 20% chance to live, and at least the sun is out, so it could be worse!

Obviously sorry for anyone who is ill and I love a bit of sun as much as anyone, but my "smile" was more incredulity than mirth, I assure you.

What annoys me the most is hi saying (and I praphrase) He's put the info about the Bosch version all over Facebook and YouTube, I felt that meant he wasn't to blame, even though my registration was supplied so he could have checked and saved me £120 in diesel and a long, stressful drive.

Sorry to rant but I'm not pleased, so now, even if he could tune my wife to stop nagging, it wouldn't be enough to make me want to drive back for another go.

Last edited:
Back