Personalised Reg - Cool or Naff?

Damobristol

Candy White T6
VIP Member
Hey all,

I've never considered getting a personalised Reg until I got my van, and now I am thinking about getting one for the van. The one I am eyeing is about the van rather than me, so it will stay with the van when I sell it.

So, what are you thoughts? Cool or does it scream dickhead?

Reactions: CAB
I think I’m with @Bav on this one but only if, as suggested, it’s van related rather than a misspelt attempt to get to a name. That particularly applies if you really have to look hard to get to the aforementioned name (but that might be just me not getting it!). IMHO then you look like a dickhead.

I think I’m with @Bav on this one but only if, as suggested, it’s van related rather than a misspelt attempt to get to a name. That particularly applies if you really have to look hard to get to the aforementioned name (but that might be just me not getting it!). IMHO then you look like a dickhead.
I hope you don't have to look too hard at my van reg (it starts with my initials and ends in BAV ;)).

• Haha
I was gifted mine as a crimbo prezzie from the wife and daughter mines van related with my name at the end! I first thought not to sure on this but love it now

Mine cost less than 1% of the purchase price of the van, and has both mine and Mrs CAB's initials.
Although second site we ever went to, someone did come over and ask if I was a Taxi driver :whistle:

All depends. If it’s a straight number/letter combination that means something to the owner, then fine. But if it involves bastardising the numbers & letters or spacing to make it into something it ain’t, then it smacks of desperation.
As ever just my 2 penneth, each to their own.

We all have them in our household. All single digit prefix plates. I've had mine for over 20 years, but can't bring myself to putting on my BMW. As it is, my grey estate flies under the radar, but a private plate could put me in the same club as the 316's with fake M badges, 4D number plates and those stupid grille stripes.

Back