photonic solar charger

kmonzie

can any one help i have a photonic solar charger had a new battery fitted asked them to check all electrics were working but they didnt
solar charge doesnt have any lights on not charging is there a way to reset ,switch it on without having to hook it up to a computer
1717101142993.png

Can you post a photo of the wiring into that controller please

Pete

How old is your solar panel and what type?

The semi flexible flush type have a habit of delaminating and I know from other threads Photonic Universe had a particularly problematic batch.

What voltage reading do you get across the panel terminals when there is a decent amount of light hitting the panel?

can any one help i have a photonic solar charger had a new battery fitted asked them to check all electrics were working but they didnt
solar charge doesnt have any lights on not charging is there a way to reset ,switch it on without having to hook it up to a computer
View attachment 243538
thats a basic unit. . . no laptop needed.

just use a mulitimeter to check you have 15+ volts on the PV terminals,

and your leisure battery voltage on the battery terminals.

looks like you are not using the LOAD terminals, so press the red button to switch the red led off.

if its stuck in the menu options, the to reset you need to disconnect all power from it for 60sec.

hi thanks for your advise im not the best with electrics but cant get any garages to help its always weeks away when i ask .when you say disconnect it for 60 secs
is that from the solar side of the charger unit disconnect the cable or unplug the pv im taking this is the pv switchIMG_2688.jpeg

hi pete it was working but had dead leisure battery got it changed asked garage to check all electrics but dont think they bothered
typical ,now solar panel on charger not lighting up solar panel looks fine will try to check the voltage van is a 69 plate so not that old.
got in touch with conversion company they just gave load of options knackered solar panel /charger trying to get motorhome company to look at it but there talking weeks away 1717179165626.jpeg

Back