Platinum Wave Campers

hatjoepeg

T6 Pro
We bought a van from PWC in Solihull
Placed a deposit on 26th June and chose our base van from their stock; changed our mind on a few bits during the build (no stress); collected on 24th July unseen.
It's our first van but we are chuffed to bits, had a few weekends away and off on a bit of a North, West then central England tour next week.
We had some very minor snags with the van and PWC collected from our home in Kent and delivered back once put right..........really very good customer service even though the items were minor.
Now constantly on here looking for all the other vital things I need to spend money on!

Whilst they are no worst (or better) than others. A few things to look at would be what tyres are fitted ? They tend to put on cheap ones. The suspension also, check if it’s front high (due to being left std.). Also look carefully and any paintwork on spoilers etc. The quality may be poor. Then have a very close look at the interior fittings, edge strips etc. Check and get in writing that proper insulation has been installed. Finally make sure the base model (prob T28) is suitable for your needs. Payload, options such as infotainment (base unit !). Oem LED lights ?
Many converters claim theirs are ‘Luxury’ campers, however all that appears to glitter is not gold !
I would say my PWC is only ok, there are much better out there.

Hi, thanks

"I would say my PWC is only ok, there are much better out there" do you have examples?

Are you comments a general view or on any of the conversion companies I mentioned?

Thanks

I have a PWC. I spent a lot sorting Tyres, Suspension, Lighting. You don’t realise these things until it’s too late.
If I was buying now I’d look at New Wave campers. I’m sure there are others and someone will also offer their view.
Don’t rush in, immerse yourself into this forum and soak up knowledge. After all you are spending a lot of money.
Another thing nobody realises, if you have a breakdown, vw assist will give you a replacement VAN ( not a camper, or a car). You will have to push very hard to get a car.
Having said all the above, I’m sure you will enjoy the lifestyle these vehicles can give you.
Good luck

Back