Poptop roof skyline v Austops v westdubs

Tommy boy

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Trying to decide on my roof choice for my van am torn between these had 2 Austops and no issues at all but my fitter has retired so my converter uses westdubs wich look quite thick in there profile and heard mixed things so was swaying towards getting a skyline aurora fitted of skyline but heard some not so good things about these too
If anyone has any experience on any of these roof please share with me
Thanks

Have a look at the 17 pages on the thread about Skyline Aurora. Westdubs was on my list but had no reasonably local installers, but they looked good to me.

I’ve got a Westdubs and it’s been great and in the few interactions that I’ve had with them I also found the company themselves a pleasure to deal with. BUT it’s the only pop top I’ve ever had so I’ve nothing to compare it to.

We have an austops roof and it is quite high. Ours is gloss black (or was gloss) and so I see it as a feature matching in with the other gloss black bits. I do think it makes the van look higher than it is wide but I also wouldn’t want to lose space inside so worth checking how the other roofs compare on the inside too

We have the skyline aurora. Great panoramic view with the canvas rolled up. Never had any issue with the roof as mentioned in the thread linked further up the page. Great roof and gives lots of headroom all the way down the van - I am 6'2" tall :)

Back