Problem with fridge

When you solve this specific problem it really takes a headache away. I’ve got complete confidence now that even turning my fridge on overnight whilst on the driveway before I need it for a trip or to work out of it as a mobile office the next day, when I come to put things in it the next day it is cold and not orange winking at me with the “yeah, I switched myself off 14 hours ago!” attitude.

I suspect for you that battery will still be a factor - but a beefier cable in the meantime direct to the battery gives you the best chance of finding out by ruling out other factors.

If and when it comes to it I recommend the fogstar I went with as a budget option. It hasn’t put a foot wrong in a year. Another fire and forget solution. I understand there’s and even cheaper ECO version now that’s only just a bit more expensive than a large standard leisure battery.

Good luck. If you solve it, be sure to post!

This forum is excellent… Thank you for the welcome. My fridge appears to be fixed for now. All I did was fiddle with all the cables around the LB and DC to DC pack. I think coincidental but who knows.

I have also learnt an awful lot about my set up! Thank you all. No doubt I’ll be back soon :)

New battery installed and just back from a trip up to Scotland and the dometic fridge worked without a problem

Even had the portable freezer we have for our dogs raw food plugged in as well and the battery worked perfectly

Back