PV Logic Flexi Voltage Drop Problem.....

Hi All, Just an update regarding the panels, currently out in Hampshire for the weekend camping ...
WhatsApp Image 2020-07-17 at 17.48.18.jpeg
Working really well. The Vinyl Wrap seems to be holding, no peeling round the edges or bubbling. I used two methods on sticking the panels down; I used 3M RP45 Tape generally on the underside with some careful postion to allow airflow sideways underneath the individual cells and then I used some sikaflex on front edge and back to secure those edges and allows no airflow underneath. Seems to be holding well - touch wood.

In terms of the new panels, they are wired in parallel into a Victron MPPT which controls all the solar side and has the handy bluetooth to monitor the input - really handy to know they are actually working and doing what they are meant to!

Yes, I know I need to peg out the awning properly - but I have a cider in hand so it will have to wait until the morning! :eek:

Have you got a link for the 3M vinyl wrap? Thinking tackling replacement panel myself. Thanks in advance

3M RP45 Tape - This is who I bought it from but this listing has ended. There was loads available from other sellers when I looked.

I think it takes 48 hours to properly strengthen but mine seems pretty solid!

Hi All, Just an update regarding the panels, currently out in Hampshire for the weekend camping ...
View attachment 77937
Working really well. The Vinyl Wrap seems to be holding, no peeling round the edges or bubbling. I used two methods on sticking the panels down; I used 3M RP45 Tape generally on the underside with some careful postion to allow airflow sideways underneath the individual cells and then I used some sikaflex on front edge and back to secure those edges and allows no airflow underneath. Seems to be holding well - touch wood.

In terms of the new panels, they are wired in parallel into a Victron MPPT which controls all the solar side and has the handy bluetooth to monitor the input - really handy to know they are actually working and doing what they are meant to!

Yes, I know I need to peg out the awning properly - but I have a cider in hand so it will have to wait until the morning! :eek:
Did you vinyl wrap the whole roof or just the bit under the panels?

Is this the same stuff as the famous Blue Peter "sticky-backed plastic" ? (Fablon?)

Back