Rear Under Tail Light Panel For Hidden Electric

When you said 'outside' I thought you meant with the hinges visible on the outside of the van?
I thought I had a pic of that sort of thing somewhere but all I can find is these.
user100256_pic181036_1431025125.jpg
Gas Input 2.jpeg

Thanks, I think if the hinges are the other way around to mine, like on the white van above, the tailgate needs to be opened first before the EHU cover can be opened.
@Salty Spuds I think this was your van, is that right?

OK, so mine can be opened with the tailgate still closed, the Hafele inset hinges push the edge closest to the tailgate inwards as they open.
GasDoor4.jpg GasDoor5.jpg

I put my EHU socket up in the top corner where it has a straight run through to the inside of the van, the bits where the filler is, are 3 layers thick with gaps between them.
EHU.jpg lpg.jpg

Thanks, I think if the hinges are the other way around to mine, like on the white van above, the tailgate needs to be opened first before the EHU cover can be opened.
@Salty Spuds I think this was your van, is that right?
Correct, but my flap is for the onboard gas filler, not the EHU. So it’s only a once a year job rather than a regular operation. My EHU is under the rear bumper on the near side.

I am looking at adding an outside socket for the fridge or tent and these look ideal.

Does anyone sell a kit for doing this or are all these home made?

I am looking at adding an outside socket for the fridge or tent and these look ideal.

Does anyone sell a kit for doing this or are all these home made?
That’s an inlet for the EHU, if you just want an external 240V socket, use a splitter on the end of the EHU cable. Simples!
Trintion 2 Way Splitter 16A Electric Mains Hook Up 20.3 x 18.5cm Lead Adaptor Industrial Plug for Caravans Motorhomes https://amzn.eu/d/9qIZwnk

Cheers for that, I am using a splitter on the end of the EHU cable for this weekend but may go that route in the future.

Here is their video;

So, the problem with that is the bit they've left to fit things into, is three thicknesses of steel with various amounts of space between them. plus the last thickness is the corner part of the inside of the van, if you go through there you'll see it inside the van, it's not hidden by the interior panelling.
The bit that is single thickness is the bit where they've fastened the black hinge mount plate to. That's the easy way through to the interior of the van.

So, the problem with that is the bit they've left to fit things into, is three thicknesses of steel with various amounts of space between them. plus the last thickness is the corner part of the inside of the van, if you go through there you'll see it inside the van, it's not hidden by the interior panelling.
The bit that is single thickness is the bit where they've fastened the black hinge mount plate to. That's the easy way through to the interior of the van.
Is there enough room to mount a socket and run the cable up or down instead of through the back? I’d want it on the other side really too, looks like it’s only available for NS

I think you'd have to use a downward angled surface mount like laidbackian has in his post above.
Mine is a panel mount up on the single thickness part and the cable goes out the back into the gap between outer skin and ply panels.
IMG20200310180756.jpg

Back