Recalibration of touch screen?

Post 72 in the thread above

Sorry but cannot work out how to find a thread 72 or the video .
Think I am been very dum or blind

Thank you for all your help watched the video and have decided to have a go at it . Just ordered the screen and again thank you for your help will let you know how it goes when I get the new screen.
Most appreciated:)

Just an update that new touch screen now installed and works great .
Thank you all for helping and ended up been an easy job to do .

Afternoon everyone,

Having difficulty with my factory head unit in cancelling the screen which appears when reverse is engaged.

There is an X which appears in the top right hand part of the screen and when you press the X, it then cancels the display and reverts back to the home screen. Problem I am having is that I am really having to press the X in order for anything to happen.

Does anyone know if this can be recalibrated or if there is a fix?

Many thanks all.

View attachment 121149
Have you tried resetting it by pressing and holding down both buttons at the same time you will know when you have done it because you get the VW Logo in the centre of the screen.

My touch screen became scratched and unresponsive in areas. It was no good for me to simply stick the new screen over the old one since the original scratches were visible and would annoy the hell out of me.

I had assumed that since the replacement touch screens have a simple strip of double sided 3M table round the edges that it would be the same for the original…but no the original touch screen has adhesive over the entire screen sticking it fully to the LCD.

I used a heat pad and lay it over the screen (many times) until it was warm enough to loosen. I used a piece of plastic a bit thinner than a credit card and gently eased it between the LCD and touch screen. This part is not for the feint hearted as you ease the screen away from some very very sticky adhesive.

Once the screen was off I had a load of sticky all over the LCD. I used isopropyl alcohol to clear this away and it was then good to apply the new touch screen.

Unfortunately I have no pictures of the removal since it was a very sticky process.

IMG_8956.jpeg

If you are confident, give it a go yourself. If there are no scratches on your faulty touch screen just stick the new one on top.

I really wouldn't advise to stick the new one over the top of an old one.

Back