Reconfiguring Ronny?

AdL

VIP Member
T6 Pro
So we have had our T6 LWB (Ronny) since August - all just fine and done a few tweeks and bits and pieces. It is a twin slider basic model (never quite sure which model) that was fitted out as a camper with a kitchen unit and Rock'nRoll bed. In my opinion not brilliantly well fitted but it is OK and quite useable. However with a bit of experience I think we would have preferred a different layout;

No-one ever travels in the back. In fact it is a bit unpleasant to sit on the bed/seat for a long period. Storage is not ideal and the driver side slider door has no function at all. Kitchen unit limits the position of the drivers seat which, while not terrible, makes it a bit uncomfortable for long journeys. The overhead cupboard (above the sink / cooker unit) whilst useful for holding an LED strip light is so small you really can't put anything useful in it.

So would we be mad to strip out or modify the Kitchen and fit a 'U' shaped rear table/bed/storage box arrangement?

Would anyone buy the rock'nroll bed - or the complete kitchen unit?

Last edited:
So we have had our T6 LWB (Ronny) since August - all just fine and done a few tweeks and bits and pieces. It is a twin slider basic model (never quite sure which model) that was fitted out as a camper with a kitch unit and rock'nRoll bed. In my opinion not brilliantly well fitted but it is OK and quite useable. However with a bit of experience I think we would have preferred a different layout;

No-one ever travels in the back. In fact it is a bit unpleasant to sit on the bed/seat for a long period. Storage is not ideal and the driver side slider door has no funciton at all. Kitchen unit limits the position of the drivers seat which, while not terrible, makes it a bit uncomfortable for long journeys. The overhead cupboard (above the sink / cooker unit) whilst useful for holding an LED strip light is so small you really can't put anything useful in it.

So would we be mad to strip out or modify the Kitchen and fit a 'U' shaped rear table/bed/storage box arrangement?

Pics would help mate

No, not mad - you spent some time figuring out you use your van, and found a solution that will be much better for you.

Quite probably- a shortcut to a standard layout, just before the start of the summer season would sell fairly well.

No, provided you are sure that the new layout will suit your needs better than your current one does.

IMG_1311.jpegIMG_1461.jpegIMG_1462.jpeg
Some pics of my LWB build.
This arrangement allows a walk through and the unit behind the man’s side seat can be removed to allow 2nd row seats. (two fit as it is).
We have a chest type fridge/freezer.
I’ve seen a few designs for the fold out bed/sofa. Mine has removable extensions (which store under the cushions) and a giant pull out drawer underneath now.

20240329_184440 (Medium).jpg20240329_184422 (Medium).jpg

Here is a couple of shots - pretty standard internals and quite useable. However thanks for all the encouragement . I sense a post summer project coming on. But post summer as I want a functional van just now. Off to Northumberland tomorrow morning!

I've been ruminating doing the same. I've got an RnR on sliders with three seated belts M1 tested which rarely carries passengers. A side layout would be much more useful... i think.

Back