Rising from the ashes….

Linoleum Bonypart

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Having just recovered from catastrophic damage to our 2017 8ball conversion im coming round to start thinking about another van ….this time I’m thinking more along the lines of a 150 dsg Kombi with a rear van king bed no furniture along the side maybe no pop top …solar and 240 hook up
Any comments welcome

Having just recovered from catastrophic damage to our 2017 8ball conversion im coming round to start thinking about another van ….this time I’m thinking more along the lines of a 150 dsg Kombi with a rear van king bed no furniture along the side maybe no pop top …solar and 240 hook up
Any comments welcome
Expensive time to go looking!

russ_e …we were badly shaken wife had worse whiplash …if you do a diy Kombi can you arrange the 2nd seats to be easlly removable ???

We’re sorry to hear of your bad experience………we have a simple Kombi….bed,solar,hookup….love the simplicity……id say van life is as much about adapting to the environment and lifestyles….you can go fully kitted out or not….other the last few years I’ve read of peoples high expectations and then learn that not all changes to a camper van are without problems and often expensive solutions….Sometimes its good to re evaluate….hope you get back to Van life…enjoy your journey:)

russ_e if you do a diy Kombi can you arrange the 2nd seats to be easlly removable

Exactly van dam ….didn’t really use sink and hob a rear pod with pull outs that can be removed …. Can also live without a pop top or add later

I was in two minds whether to get another but I was just starting to do overnighters and walking in new places …. It has affected my wife really badly she’s nervous in a car now going to get her in my sons lovely green T6 for a run out

A169 south of Pickering ? Know it and its many accidents well !
What was grannies driving ? I'm guessing she will say she was blinded by the sun?

What’s WDC….whiplash and bruising …. They turned up …. Witnessed occurring by ambulance ….not heard anything from police should I contact them

Without due care.
Looks pretty clear cut I'd say.
There will be a police report with an officer in the case, due to it being a personal injury collision.
The Oic should have taken witness statements and interviewed the driver under caution and filed a report for a Decision Maker to forward to CPS if it meets an evidential standard.
There us a 6 month statute barred limit for a charge to be made against grannie.

Did you get a reference number ?
Something like NYP-12******** ?
If so, ring 101, ask for North Yorkshire and follow the menu to get the info.

Good luck

What good would it do wont her insurance almost bar her from driving would I get better compensation there is a slater Gordon case for whiplash etc but that pays a pittance

Keep death of the roads ?

Really should do it mate, your insurance may question why it's not progressed with the police and your payout may be lower or none at all.

Don't let lazy cops fob you off

Back