Sat nav lost...

Scubadog

Hi guys
I had the infotainment system replaced a couple of week back under the all in warranty due to the failed touch screen issue but I've just gone to use the sat nav and it thinks I'm in northern Germany!! before i take it back to VW again... anything simple I'm missing?
ta
1000032845.jpg

Have you tried to type in an address yet?....i am guessing you have already pushed the center location button (car with four triangles to the right of the sceen)
The one in my tiguan started up at the last location from previous owner (Leeds somewhere) until I pressed that button and in re calibrated to my location.
Might still think its in the factory?

Hi guys
I had the infotainment system replaced a couple of week back under the all in warranty due to the failed touch screen issue but I've just gone to use the sat nav and it thinks I'm in northern Germany!! before i take it back to VW again... anything simple I'm missing?
ta
View attachment 244888
If it's cold starting for the first time, it can take up to 45mins for a GPS system to work out where it is.

Have you tried to type in an address yet?....i am guessing you have already pushed the center location button (car with four triangles to the right of the sceen)
The one in my tiguan started up at the last location from previous owner (Leeds somewhere) until I pressed that button and in re calibrated to my location.
Might still think its in the factory?
Yeah tried to put an address in but as it thinks its in Germany and the map doesn't cover Germany its not finding a route. Also tried the center location button but no joy. Thanks for your reply.

20240607_155458.jpg

If it's cold starting for the first time, it can take up to 45mins for a GPS system to work out where it is.
It's had about 3 weeks since it was fitted but I'll try leaving it switched on and selected
Thanks

Yep. It riding thr data ok for the uk, france Spain etc
I wonder if they've plugged the GPS antenna into the back of the unit correctly. Have you tried resetting the unit with the long press of the power knob?

I wonder if they've plugged the GPS antenna into the back of the unit correctly. Have you tried resetting the unit with the long press of the power knob?
That's my thought and as it has to go back because they damaged the dashboard fitting the new radio I've told them to sort this as well. Yep tried resetting via the power nob. Thanks for your ideas.

Back