Scissor Jack Storage bag

It’s as safe as you place it. You can either use the jacking points on the van or place it under the suspension arms. I use a trolley jack at home, but I ain’t lugging one about “on tour”. I have 4 200x200 squares of 19mm ply in the van, they come in for a multitude of uses, and make a good base for the bottle jack. Thus fulfilling the “any object must have more than one use” rule, they make a good base for the bottle jack (a trolley jack is virtually useless on anything but a solid level surface).
I have taken off my jack bracket. I've stored the jack in sliding seat concealed box. I don't like the jack where it fits under sill without a rubber mount so as not to chip the paint. Hence I need an alternative to carry on van.

It’s as safe as you place it. You can either use the jacking points on the van or place it under the suspension arms. I use a trolley jack at home, but I ain’t lugging one about “on tour”. I have 4 200x200 squares of 19mm ply in the van, they come in for a multitude of uses, and make a good base for the bottle jack. Thus fulfilling the “any object must have more than one use” rule, they make a good base for the bottle jack (a trolley jack is virtually useless on anything but a solid level surface).
I’m intrigued. What else do you use the squares of ply for? I’ve got FOMO that I need some now.

• Haha
Reactions: Bav
I’m intrigued. What else do you use the squares of ply for? I’ve got FOMO that I need some now.
Levelling the bbq & outdoor table. I’ve used them under the sun canopy legs when the ground’s been soft. Under the jockey wheel on the trailer. They’re just handy things to have.

Back