Service history- intervals- how long is too long?

Butch

Hi all!
I'm new to the forum and transporters (other than a T2 family van until I was 10!) and trying to buy a Euro 6 T6 kombi. 2016/17 is the age I'm looking at with my budget. I've seen a nice 2016 factory kombi, 110k miles. The first service wasn't till 18k miles and the second at 33k. Hasn't hit a 10k interval since, though serviced every year. What permanent damage does it do? Should I walk away?
Many thanks

Hi Butch,
I suspect the fact it’s done that mileage within a year, means that it’s been doing long miles in one stint.
Longer distances at a constant speed is a lot less wear on the engine and gearbox than shorter, start stop journeys.
I wouldn’t be overly concerned so long as it’s been done every 12months and is mechanically sound everywhere else.
Our previous Octavia had a 18k service interval as standard, however with our van I like to stick to around 12k.

Hi all!
I'm new to the forum and transporters (other than a T2 family van until I was 10!) and trying to buy a Euro 6 T6 kombi. 2016/17 is the age I'm looking at with my budget. I've seen a nice 2016 factory kombi, 110k miles. The first service wasn't till 18k miles and the second at 33k. Hasn't hit a 10k interval since, though serviced every year. What permanent damage does it do? Should I walk away?
Many thanks
Vans can be set to either extended 20k miles service intervals or annual 10k miles, this is done in the factory or at the dealer. So 20k miles isn’t out of the ordinary. All that said, I change my oil at sub 10k miles as it’s a relatively cheap insurance. If the van you’re looking at is ex-commercial, then it’s pretty normal tbh.

Back