Should I change my Camper?

Am I missing something? What’s wrong with the van you have? For me it’s stick all day long and invest half the money on the van and the other half on beer to get you through lockdown until you can use it again

Am I missing something? What’s wrong with the van you have? For me it’s stick all day long and invest half the money on the van and the other half on beer to get you through lockdown until you can use it again
Makes perfect sense now! The more I think about it the more I think you've got the ratio wrong although the principle is right.

You could spend some of that 16K on a new outfit of a perfectly good van that you already own and know the history of....

Stick or Twist... Makes sense to stick in this case... ;)
I have to say that is where my thinking is leaning now. Everyone seems to think that way on here. Cheers Paul

You have a much sought after van that’s an ideal candidate for converting. Or, you could buy less van with a conversion you like. Sounds to me like you would still be quids in with budget to spare and have the conversion you really want!!! Such a dilemma!!!
Thanks and I think I will be sticking!

Haha ... I am sticking and keep upgrading Sharky!

Thanks and I think I will be sticking!
Use the time to look at lots of conversions....pick up the ideas of what you like....pick the brains of people on here (and, in fairness, there are quite a few brains here!)....then build the van that suits YOUR needs....at least you’ll know it has been done properly....wiring, sound deadening, insulation etc!

I don't want to start another 'which engine is best' argument but my view is that although a lot of people who have 84 (or 102) engines will be quick to tell you that the are well up to the job, most of those with a 150 or above will tell you that they would not want to to go lower. As others here on T6F have said, you never hear anybody saying 'I wish I had less power'. In summary, if the current van is in good nick, well maintained and you are happy to keep it......
@Ayjay thanks for your thoughts. You're right about that the power. 150 is bloody marvellous and soo much acceleration - don't need any more that's for sure! Overall van is great nick... just need to get those sorted and the fitout! Thanks again Paul

I suspect the new van will be a Startline and far from 'startling' (sorry, couldn't resist that and no disrespect to any 84PS startling Startline owners!)
It does have a/c, reverse sensors but I do understand. I kinda found my van by chance and 3 yrs in - feel it now is the time to really upgrade it. I did a lot the first time around. So now know what I like.

@Ayjay thanks for your thoughts. You're right about that the power. 150 is bloody marvellous and soo much acceleration - don't need any more that's for sure! Overall van is great nick... just need to get those sorted and the fitout! Thanks again Paul
I have a fully loaded 102 camper. I have also driven a T5 with a decent engine (not sure what) but not a T6 150. However, judging by your posts on this thread, you would be disappointed with the 102.

Not everyone is, I am happy enough, but sounds like you enjoy driving the 150 too much to be satisfied with less :thumbsup:

I have a fully loaded 102 camper. I have also driven a T5 with a decent engine (not sure what) but not a T6 150. However, judging by your posts on this thread, you would be disappointed with the 102.

Not everyone is, I am happy enough, but sounds like you enjoy driving the 150 too much to be satisfied with less :thumbsup:
Appreciate and thanks again for your advice. Cheers Paul

Reactions: CAB
Many thanks everyone for your comments - I am pretty sure I will be keeping Sharky! Better the devil you know and spending the money on a refit .... unless of course I find the "perfect" finished van in the very near future. Staysafe all and thanks for taking the time to comment and share your views. Hope we will be allowed out by April. Thanks again Paul

Please could a Moderator @Admin close this post to comment - appreciate your help. Thanks.

Last edited:
Power..Power...it’s not just the power as you go up the range things like ARB‘s get stronger and make a larger engine vehicle better to drive........but one thing I’ve noticed that converters like to make big profits on a base model vehicle.......smaller engines where never really ment to tow or carry heavy conversions you need torque that comes with a bigger engine and power to go touring...also I’ve seen on the forum many a good person buy a ready made package..Only to find the leisure battery too small or the charging system not up to scratch and then solar....it go’s on.....for me its about investing in the best you can get that works for you and enjoy the journey..
I’d stick to what you’ve got ......mines is a keeper..
ps ..I❤️my van :inlove:

Power..Power...it’s not just the power as you go up the range things like ARB‘s get stronger and make a larger engine vehicle better to drive........but one thing I’ve noticed that converters like to make big profits on a base model vehicle.......smaller engines where never really ment to tow or carry heavy conversions you need torque that comes with a bigger engine and power to go touring...also I’ve seen on the forum many a good person buy a ready made package..Only to find the leisure battery too small or the charging system not up to scratch and then solar....it go’s on.....for me its about investing in the best you can get that works for you and enjoy the journey..
I’d stick to what you’ve got ......mines is a keeper..
ps ..I❤my van :inlove:
@VanDamMan thanks for your great answer. Really appreciate your detailed answer. I totally get the comment on engine size etc,. The 84hp did seem very small for what is on top of it - I think the change from a 150 would feel too big a move. Thanks again. Appreciate you taking the time. Best Paul

Back