Sink with inbuilt induction hob?

Niffirg

VIP Member
I’m part way through my van conversion and have decided to go all electric in the van, as such, I’ve been looking for a combination sink with an induction hob rather than the gas hob. I have only found two on the web so far (one from aliexpress and the other on Amazon).

I was hoping to find one with the folding tempered glass covers/splashbacks.

Do any of you guys have this setup in your van or did you have to buy the sink and induction hobs separately?

Regards
Tom

Not seen that as an option on any van I looked at, but has to be more popular in the future.

That’s what I thought CAB, more people are choosing to go “all electric”. I wonder if it’s something to do with having a 240v supply/appliance so close to a water source?

I’ll probably end up buying a sink and recess an induction hob into the worktop. The only reason I wanted an all in one is, on the rare occasion I do end up cooking inside the van, the sink/drainer is less prone to damage and easier to clean than an oak worktop.

Reactions: CAB
@Niffirg We have the bog standard sink and gas hob built in and just sit a portable induction hob on top of the hob
Induction hob for EHU
Gas for a brew on days out
Yup agreed, we regularly stop & brewup en-route or after a walk on the hills. We also spend a fair amount of time camping off grid, gas all the way. :thumbsup:

That’s what I thought CAB, more people are choosing to go “all electric”. I wonder if it’s something to do with having a 240v supply/appliance so close to a water source?

I’ll probably end up buying a sink and recess an induction hob into the worktop. The only reason I wanted an all in one is, on the rare occasion I do end up cooking inside the van, the sink/drainer is less prone to damage and easier to clean than an oak worktop.
I think the uptake of Lithium leisure batteries makes it much more feasible.

I think the uptake of Lithium leisure batteries makes it much more feasible.
I still think it’s going to take a hefty (I.e. expensive) investment to get 12V to where gas is in terms of amount of energy available/storage/cost/space. It’s not quite there. IF EV vans ever become a viable alternative, then I can see some potential for using the van battery as a power source. Some manufacturers already offer a BBQ that you plug into your EV. I think they do about 40miles to the sausage.

@Niffirg , we take a 907 gas bottle with us for the outdoor cookering on the cadac. In the van is just the induction hob, routered into the worktop next to the sink. In hindsight I would not have a sink at all, we don't use it other than as a useful breadbin!
We have a relatively large LiFepo4 LB, 180 watt solar panel, at this time of year the battery is kept pretty full, so on dog walks or days out it's nice to boil the kettle on the hob just to take some juice out of the battery. And to plug in a Henry, run a power drill, charge all my chargeable battery devices.
Free power rules!

Reactions: CAB
@Niffirg , we take a 907 gas bottle with us for the outdoor cookering on the cadac. In the van is just the induction hob, routered into the worktop next to the sink. In hindsight I would not have a sink at all, we don't use it other than as a useful breadbin!
We have a relatively large LiFepo4 LB, 180 watt solar panel, at this time of year the battery is kept pretty full, so on dog walks or days out it's nice to boil the kettle on the hob just to take some juice out of the battery. And to plug in a Henry, run a power drill, charge all my chargeable battery devices.
Free power rules!
Hi there, just wondering what size lithium battery you have and the appropriate cost of your power setup?

Hi there, just wondering what size lithium battery you have and the appropriate cost of your power setup?
Hi! It's a 200Ah first generation Roamer. 3 years old now. The new replacement is 230Ah going for £800 and something.
Awesome batteries with an A1 back up service. You have the choice of underseat style or normal standy uppy which is what I have under my rear wardrobe area.
There are cheaper batteries but the back up I have received from Roamer has made me a lifetime customer.

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick response, what single induction hob do you have, we want single one fitted in the worktop but the market is quite limited!

Thanks for the quick response, what single induction hob do you have, we want single one fitted in the worktop but the market is quite limited!
I think these are still available! You'll be needing a 2000 watt pure sine wave inverter too. It's only money, they say!

20240908_191523.jpg

20240908_191649.jpg

In reality you would probably need a 2500-3000W inverter to account for the inrush current when starting up. Same as a microwave.
Although mine is happy at the full 2000 watts on a 2000 watt inverter... I know this from my wife's kettle boiling skills...

Most inverters will have a surge current rating that'll more than cover that. My Renogy 2000w is rated for 4000w surge.
1725820437479.png

Although mine is happy at the full 2000 watts on a 2000 watt inverter... I know this from my wife's kettle boiling skills...
Your inverter may be rated at 2000W continuous with a higher momentary rating, which would allow for startup/inrush current.

We did lean heavier towards the Cadac for kettle boiling this Busfest weekend, with the distinct lack of sunshine available! Still came home with 50Ah though, I haven't weighed the 907 cylinder yet. Belt and braces where tea is concerned!

We did lean heavier towards the Cadac for kettle boiling this Busfest weekend, with the distinct lack of sunshine available! Still came home with 50Ah though, I haven't weighed the 907 cylinder yet. Belt and braces where tea is concerned!
I've got all bases covered too (must remember to put in a couple of gas cylinders for my trip).

I've got a single induction hob
Double gas hob
Jetboil

All portable and non fixed so I can cook inside or out with all of them. My gas hobs run off campiggaz CV470 canisters.

Back