Sliding door handle leak repair. Which sealant?

simonnwt6

T6 Pro
Hi all
So when replacing old for new ply on the sliding door I find the white plastic water catcher has become unstuck and dropped to the bottom of door. Drain pipe still attached. Looks like whatever black glue used has failed.

I can shove it back up into place but any suggestions on how to re affix and be water proof?

I can’t get up there when I’m place with a sealant gun all way round. If I cover first it’ll just come off while positioning.
Is there anything a bit harder sealant/glue wise a bit like bluetak but a sealant/bond
Thanks

s

have you got an aquatic shop nearby you could try? I imagine they’d have something for fish tank repairs / modifications.

Hi all
So when replacing old for new ply on the sliding door I find the white plastic water catcher has become unstuck and dropped to the bottom of door. Drain pipe still attached. Looks like whatever black glue used has failed.

I can shove it back up into place but any suggestions on how to re affix and be water proof?

I can’t get up there when I’m place with a sealant gun all way round. If I cover first it’ll just come off while positioning.
Is there anything a bit harder sealant/glue wise a bit like bluetak but a sealant/bond
Thanks

s

Hi, did you manage to sort this in the end and if so, how? I've just discovered the seal on my white plastic water catcher has failed and is letting water into the door card! I cant seem to get my hands around it to reseal. Did you take the locking mechanism off?

I'm glad I'm not the only one, just tried silicone where I could reach to see if it would help. Not convinced it will have worked though. Has anyone managed to solve this problem?

I had a look at mine at the same time as fixing the sliding window drains. I believe the plastic tundish is held to the door skin with the same non setting adhesive used on he window drain.
If you are going to repair I think that it would need to be removed and properly cleaned, this is based on my experience with the small plastic flap on the window drain.
I tried a couple of different high grab adhesive / sealants, to be honest they all seem to behave the same so probably the same product with a different name.
Silicone sealant won’t do it, it’s not an effective adhesive.

I done mine with sikaflex last year and it has help up well. just tricky getting a good bead on it as its not got the best access

Totally agree, sikaflex was what i got my hands on. Tried to inspect the bead I managed to get on last night, difficult to see and reach. Will have another go at it tmrw before water testing again. Holding up finishing carpeting the door.

Any other info on this thread?

I’ve just found this…

Seems to be coming in under that white plastic

Any advice would be great- only I need to fleece the door in prep for my carpet lining

Cheers
FD4067CB-2A6B-4CF5-BF72-61A258570657.jpeg

Back