So I pressed a little button and my power has gone!

Teesix

T6 Guru
I was messing about with my leisure battery under the driver's seat and pressed the little red button on the thingie in the picture. Then the power went off. Can someone tell me what this thingie is please? And also how to get the power back on again! A piece broke and fell off when I tried to turn it. That's the thing in the 2nd picture.
Thanks.

IMG_4466.jpg

IMG_4467.jpg

I haven't a clue but guessing emergency cut off?

Looks like the button behind is a reset ala an rcd

That's one of your cheap and horrible breakers that a lot of US campers tend to use.

You would normally flip the bit that's broken off to reset the breaker.

Depending what that's connected to, it might be your main switch for your entire leisure battery electrics which would mean it will cut off everything.

That's one of your cheap and horrible breakers that a lot of US campers tend to use.

You would normally flip the bit that's broken off to reset the breaker.

Depending what that's connected to, it might be your main switch for your entire leisure battery electrics which would mean it will cut off everything.
Yeah, all the leisure electrics have gone off. I'll try and superglue the flipper thing and see if it'll do anything.

On a more serious note replace that with something a bit better quality - there is a lot of power flowing through there and as you've just found out the quality isn't great, you don't want it not tripping or tripping and breaking if you really need it.

Having witnessed several disasters at sea the general rule is to find out what the button does before you push it :grin bounce:
Yeah, but I'm a bloke.
"Say, what's this red button do?"
"Dunno, press it"
"Hold my beer..."

On a more serious note replace that with something a bit better quality - there is a lot of power flowing through there and as you've just found out the quality isn't great, you don't want it not tripping or tripping and breaking if you really need it.

Yes, I'll definitely get that done. Thanks for the advice.

Yes, it's a circuit breaker.
However, there have been several instances of these types of breakers failing to operate correctly and causing fires.
Probably not what you want to hear but if you have the opportunity and the ability to change it yourself, a midi fuse holder and 50A midi fuse is both desireable and a lot more reliable going forward.

Last edited:
20A and you've lost all your leisure electrics, where's the fun in that. :whistle:
Blown an 80A on a 1 KW inverter and cooked a 60A on the b2b/mppt output to the leisure battery, weird that one as the fuse showed 200ish ohms resistance and hadn't fully blown but turned 17 volts into 3 volts.
Rotary battery isolator and an assortment of fuse types but no DC breakers apart from two AC domestic type B mcbs on the mains hook up side.

I think the term it’s made by a Ma & Pa company. How they made it to the moon first is still a wonder.

Reactions: CAB
Back