SPOTTED - 'Was it you?' thread

The pure definition of someone desperately needing to get an effin life.
I hate cyclists at the best of times. Especially the MAMALS. Middle aged men in Lycra. The ones that think they’re going as fast as the cars. Think cycle paths are for kids. Create havoc on a main road with drivers trying to get past them for them just to turn around and cause havoc going back the way they came.
I’m sure they only got into cycling just to shave their legs.
But this guy is a specimen.
He even sounds like a total belter. Someone who spends all weekend writing to ofcom to complain about something on the TV that offended him.
I can imagine him wandering into to police station with that hat with the camera on it saying “I’ve just seen someone sitting stopped in traffic using his mobile phone I want you to go and arrest him”
I bet the police would tell him to F off too.
Weirdo !
I wouldn't disagree with much of what you say, but I'd have more empathy with your position if you displayed equal vitriol towards those who use their mobiles whilst driving. The actions of these drivers threaten the safety of other road users and, from personal experience, I can tell you that the impact of such drivers can be a tad more than an irritation.

I wouldn't disagree with much of what you say, but I'd have more empathy with your position if you displayed equal vitriol towards those who use their mobiles whilst driving. The actions of these drivers threaten the safety of other road users and, from personal experience, I can tell you that the impact of such drivers can be a tad more than an irritation.
Agreed.
But if you were sat dead in a traffic jam would you not use your phone?
Big difference to driving along the road using it.
That belter on the bike caused miles more of a distraction to the van driver than his mobile phone did.
There’s no excuse really for using a mobile when driving when you can get hands free kits for buttons these days. And that’s if you’re car doesn’t already have it built in.

I hate cyclists at the best of times. Especially the MAMILs. Middle aged men in Lycra. The ones that think they’re going as fast as the cars. Think cycle paths are for kids. Create havoc on a main road with drivers trying to get past them for them just to turn around and cause havoc going back the way they came.
He even sounds like a total belter. Someone who spends all weekend writing to ofcom to complain about something on the TV that offended him.
I can imagine him wandering into to police station with that hat with the camera on it saying “I’ve just seen someone sitting stopped in traffic using his mobile phone I want you to go and arrest him”
Weirdo !

Easy poppet, cyclists aren't that bad; my five year old is a cyclist, and he definitely thinks he's going as fast as cars.

But if you were sat dead in a traffic jam would you not use your phone?
I can't say that I've never done this, but, had I been caught, I'd have deserved the consequences.

Big difference to driving along the road using it.
The law says you shouldn't use your mobile when driving, even if stationary in queueing in traffic. This is because a driver engrossed on their mobile is a sub-standard driver - they aren't in full control of their vehicle and they aren't aware of their surroundings.

That belter on the bike caused miles more of a distraction to the van driver than his mobile phone did.
As previously commented, the self-righteous cyclists are one of my pet hates.

I hate cyclists at the best of times. Especially the MAMILs. Middle aged men in Lycra. The ones that think they’re going as fast as the cars. Think cycle paths are for kids. Create havoc on a main road with drivers trying to get past them for them just to turn around and cause havoc going back the way they came.
Weirdo !
My problem with him is his comment about the tinted window being illegal. He can't know that, only somebody with an approved device can determine that the tint is illegal.
I don't like people using their phones while driving but half of those he targets are sitting in a traffic jam going nowhere because his sort asked the government for cycle lanes that they now don't use.

Easy poppet, cyclists aren't that bad; my five year old is a cyclist, and he definitely thinks he's going as fast as cars.
And, if he visits Wales, he might even be faster than the cars!!! It’s great that he’s learning road awareness at that age

Spotted DU13BUS this morning on the M60 with a nice caravan on tow. Slightly ahead, a nice yellow T6 with a little smiley face on the back window. Holiday season must be coming up quickly:sneaky:

Back