Startline - Is There A Temp Gauge?

Happy new year to everyone out in forum land.
I’ve noticed there is no engine temperature gauge. I've looked through the manual and played with the limited display. It's a startline that's been converted. Is a temp gauge to fancy for this model? First vehicle I've owned without one if so.
What happens if you get a water leak and the temp climbs? Will I get warning lights?

Last edited:
The temp gauge on ours (Trendline) is in the rev counter dial (and fuel gauge is in the speedo dial). We can also get oil temp on the digital display.
Pete

Our display has speed, rev, with fuel in the middle with trip info. Buttons either corner reset the trip counter or clock and show the mileage total but I can't see a temp gauge anywhere.

Anyone know if it’s possible to fit the clocks with a temp gauge is it a simple replacement?

Startline no temp gauge

We have a high line but that has one

So strange

Anyone know if it’s possible to fit the clocks with a temp gauge is it a simple replacement?
I think there’s a little more to it than swapping the clocks. The instrument cluster has the immobiliser in it. I think it needs intervention from the VW mothership but it is possible to do.

Ouch. Not sure I want it that much. I also realised this weekend how much I use the temp gauge on my other cars. So a question....
I've tried the freebie versions of some obd software but mostly they don't do too well, does anyone pay for the full version and can recommend one? Might be the easiest way to get my temp gauge. Got an old phone I can keep in the van without a sim.

Thanks @Dellmassive I did try torque but was unimpressed with the trial. Couldn't remember a basic screen set. I've also had a cheap Bluetooth device for a while but having seen your vid on Carista, perhaps it's time to invest properly as that might also give me a little control over my Golf too.
Cheers bud.

Back