Sub cuts out when fading to rear speakers...

vwski

VIP Member
T6 Pro
As the title says really... When I fade my T6.1 audio to the rear speakers my sub-woofer cuts out and it's just the rear speakers that I can hear.
Seems really odd to me. Anyone else have the same issue?
Thanks! D

In a T6.1 I'd of used something like a Audiocontrol LC2i Pro you could then connect front Left rear right and the sub output wouldn't have been affected that much

If whoever installed the sub took the signal from the front speakers then this is normal as the headunit doesn't know you have a sub and is doing exactly what your asking it to buddy
Thank you. I can basically fade to the rear speakers with a few clicks, the sub lowers slightly and then it just cuts out completely. Is this how they all work is it something that can be tweaked? I was expecting the fade functionality to work like all my other vehicles but currently it seems very clunky and basic. If that makes sense?

The standard headunit doesnt have a separate output for the sub so its been tagged onto the front speaker outputs hence turning down the front speakers turns down/off the sub

The standard headunit doesnt have a separate output for the sub so its been tagged onto the front speaker outputs hence turning down the front speakers turns down/off the sub
Oh I see... Thank you. That's a shame.
Are there any after market head units available for the 6.1 yet do you know? The dash is built in so I can imagine if there was it would no doubt be expensive.

Back