Hi - so you rated the koni special active? did they improve roll on cornering? not hard cornering but like rounabouts etc
Your anti-roll bars (ARBs) will affect cornering. My Cali came with the lightest ARBs in the range which is madness given the weight carried up high (windows and pop top.) It was like driving a badly sprung armchair on a roundabout! @CRS Performance put on H&R ARBs when they put on my Koni actives. Those, or the ARBs from a T32, will help you on the roundabouts (a lot!)

If you pop under your van and measure the diameter of your ARBs, @CRS Performance can tell you what you have on currently and give you options.

I am wanting to lower my van enough on 20" alloys but not be scraping the ground, the b14's are not getting great reviews for the amount they cost.
whats the best option o_O

The B14s are an excellent setup. They have outsold every other setup probably 1000-1 so you will alway hear of more problems due to the number.

Options we stock and only choose to sell are;

ST X
ST XA
B14 Komfort
KW V1

We have our own Bilstein kit launching shortly which is excellent - should have full details soon.

Always best to test drive what you are buying. We are still removing kits from vans who have been told they are the best till they try one of our setups and realise.

Everything we sell is either mail order or while you wait with a Hunter alignment. . We stock around 60+ kits so always have availability.

HTH

I am wanting to lower my van enough on 20" alloys but not be scraping the ground, the b14's are not getting great reviews for the amount they cost.
whats the best option o_O
The best thing to do is Call a few Suppliers, Listen to what they say , ask tech questions as too why they think their kits are good . Probably best to call us last. As we have a bigger range of options and we do have all the tech. Info and No BS sales patter

we offer. A money back guarantee if Not completely Blown away . ( judging by the amount of new stuff we remove this is not normal in the industry , most suppliers. Want to catch you and not offer much in the way of after sales support )

I thought it was a figment of my overactive imagination but after watching a Transporter HQ vid where they actually measured the wheels to arches, I measured & there a 4cm difference between front & back. Plus as the van is on 16s, practically the entire front suspension is visible.

I've never been one for mods but even I can see why these vans are dropped & bigger wheels put on. I can't unsee it now.

Never noticed this on the my T6's but now got a full camper.

I thought it was a figment of my overactive imagination but after watching a Transporter HQ vid where they actually measured the wheels to arches, I measured & there a 4cm difference between front & back. Plus as the van is on 16s, practically the entire front suspension is visible.

I've never been one for mods but even I can see why these vans are dropped & bigger wheels put on. I can't unsee it now.

@CRS Performance is your solution!:thumbsup:

I was quite happy with my T6................. until I found this forum!
The internet can get expensive!

Ha, ha, I am the wife...

Husband is very peeved an expensive van needs work.

Yep, I'll have to talk to Steve.
SWMBO was the same! I went to Steve at @CRS Performance and he sorted my suspension - we have a Cali. She was miffed that VW let such crud leave the factory given the cost. Within 30 seconds of her driving she could appreciate the difference Steve made. VW’s failings is Steve’s bread and butter!!!

Ha, ha, I am the wife...

Husband is very peeved an expensive van needs work.

Yep, I'll have to talk to Steve.
You’re the wife, well that solves that problem.:cool:;)

I bet your husband is peeved although any excuse to get bigger wheels. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sadly no, I still need him to agree, sigh.

I'm going to talk to the insurance & see how they deal with suspension changes.

Insurers have different ideas on suspension upgrade, mine for example, allow it with no additional cost.

They may ask how much the suspension will be lowered so it may be good to be armed with that info first.

If it's ride height remains more or less the same as stock, then I can't see why replacing springs and dampers (as opposed to coilovers) should be any different to using a non genuine oil filter at a service. Suspension items wear out and need to be replaced at some point.

shocks are of course are a serviceable part of the vehicle , there fore no point alerting the insurance > HOWEVER changing to a very low ride height with coil over might be of interest to them . The fact that many of the after market kits are superior in design to standard components and make the vehicle safer does seem to bother them !!! Much like TU V certification Shocks dont need TUV but the dropping of the height is what needs to be certified .

I emailed them, got an quick response & all good, apparently. Bloody love Comfort, been fab at answering questions. :) :)

Last edited:
Hello everyone i am new to the forum and would like some advice
I have recently bought a T6 2.0 tsi dsg done 7000 miles and its based on a T32 which was converted by Bilbo into a camper
My problem is that the suspension not only seems very harsh over the slightest of bumbs but it also seems to be a bit wallowy
I was looking at lowering the van with some eibach adjustable springs or would this make it worse
Any advice gratefully received

Hello everyone i am new to the forum and would like some advice
I have recently bought a T6 2.0 tsi dsg done 7000 miles and its based on a T32 which was converted by Bilbo into a camper
My problem is that the suspension not only seems very harsh over the slightest of bumbs but it also seems to be a bit wallowy
I was looking at lowering the van with some eibach adjustable springs or would this make it worse
Any advice gratefully received
Have a chat to Chris @CRS Performance

Youll find plenty of very happy customers of his on here, including me. He’ll give you great advice and the best options to address those issues for you

Back