I've got 18" sportlines on mine swapping from 17" Devonports - the profile is lower on the sportlines but the overall wheel circumference is something like 0.5% different

Not noticed any significant change in performance or economy though does feel more surefooted though the ride is a touch harsher I think

I've got 18" sportlines on mine swapping from 17" Devonports - the profile is lower on the sportlines but the overall wheel circumference is something like 0.5% different

Not noticed any significant change in performance or economy though does feel more surefooted though the ride is a touch harsher I think
Cool... seen a post where they've got 18's with a higher profile 235/55's on them.. wonder if that would make the ride not so harsh, as in not feeling the bumps as much..

Probably but the circumference will increase a bit which will throw your Speedo out

I don't think it's much worse overall with a stock suspension tbf - my understanding is that the T32 is sprung to carry a heavy load and as most of us drive round without that, the suspension is possibly tuned to be harder than is ideal unladen

Someone will be able to confirm

Probably but the circumference will increase a bit which will throw your Speedo out

I don't think it's much worse overall with a stock suspension tbf - my understanding is that the T32 is sprung to carry a heavy load and as most of us drive round without that, the suspension is possibly tuned to be harder than is ideal unladen

Someone will be able to confirm
i was thinking that way too with the weight loads.. though i'll doubt even when converted it will weigh an extra tonne, who knows..?
The speedo difference would be marginal though surely.. soon enough gauge it when i'm in a camera zone following other traffic & see the speeds.

Ride comfort is primarily down to the shock absorbers. However, the springs definitely play a part and the T32 especially is a little firmer because of that.
It would only throw it out if it was accurate in the first place!!
If the van is coded for a 17" chassis (17's from the factory) then the 235/55/18's will likely still be in tolerance as they're less than 4% difference in circumference.

This again.. anyway, seen some Sportlines to buy.. currently have 255/45/18’s on them.. would there be any issue in putting 235/55’s on?? Shall I go for it..?? Cheers.

This again.. anyway, seen some Sportlines to buy.. currently have 255/45/18’s on them.. would there be any issue in putting 235/55’s on?? Shall I go for it..?? Cheers.
As @The Bear78 says above, 235/55s will be 4%, 26mm, about an inch bigger in diameter than the 255/45s which are almost identical in diameter as the 215/60 17s fitted to T32 vans on original Devonports.
So they’ll be ~13mm/½” closer in height to, but 10mm further away in width from the wheel arches.
Many people have fitted tyres of bigger overall diameter on various wheel sizes.
It’s all down to the look you’re after.
The taller sidewalls may give a slightly more comfortable ride?
I have the free Speed Box GPS speed app on my phone. You could use similar to check your actual vs speedo-indicated speed.

As @The Bear78 says above, 235/55s will be 4%, 26mm, about an inch bigger in diameter than the 255/45s which are almost identical in diameter as the 215/60 17s fitted to T32 vans on original Devonports.
So they’ll be ~13mm/½” closer in height to, but 10mm further away in width from the wheel arches.
Many people have fitted tyres of bigger overall diameter on various wheel sizes.
It’s all down to the look you’re after.
The taller sidewalls may give a slightly more comfortable ride?
I have the free Speed Box GPS speed app on my phone. You could use similar to check your actual vs speedo-indicated speed.
Cheers bud... got a T32 so it's fairly firm.. don't want any lowering or 20's.. it'll be my daily very shortly so a comfy ride is more a priority. :thumbsup:

I've just bought a T32 and first thing i want to do is change the wheels and tyres. I have questions and would really appreciate any advice.

Q1. Wheel size recommendations ( 17, 18, 19 etc ? )

Q2. Tyre recommendations - I don't mind spending good money on good tyres ... any recommendations ? ( I live in a fairly rural area with some bumpy roads but also do a bit of motorway driving )

I have attached a photo of the style of wheel that I like...

dezent_ke_black.jpg

Running 235/55/18's (Michelin Cross Climate 2's) on mine with 1 Form Edition 3 wheels. Tyres seem a good compromise on function over form given it's a campervan;

20240903_123148.jpg

I believe the speedo therefore over-reads about 3.8% over the OEM wheel size (215/60/17) so for example at an indicated 70, you're actually doing 72.6 ish (Plenty of websites showing the conversion between wheel size and speed....)

I believe the speedo therefore over-reads about 3.8% over the OEM wheel size (215/60/17) so for example at an indicated 70, you're actually doing 72.6 ish (Plenty of websites showing the conversion between wheel size and speed....)
I suggest you compare the speedo to GPS. The simplest way is to run some kind of Sat Nav on your phone, Google maps works well.
As standard, your speedo probably over reads by around 3.8 % so with the new tyres, you're probably bang on.

I suggest you compare the speedo to GPS. The simplest way is to run some kind of Sat Nav on your phone, Google maps works well.
As standard, your speedo probably over reads by around 3.8 % so with the new tyres, you're probably bang on.
That's a very good point as factory speedos do indeed mostly over read slightly. Bang-on is good!

Hi,
does anyone have a picture of a Calibre CV1 Gloss Black 20" on a T6?

Can't decide between the CV1 or the Wolfracing Wolfsburg GTR Black Edition.

Hi,
does anyone have a picture of a Calibre CV1 Gloss Black 20" on a T6?

Can't decide between the CV1 or the Wolfracing Wolfsburg GTR Black Edition.
Quick update. I received the CV1 today. Load rating on the website was 860kg / stamp on the wheel said 850kg.
Placed an order now for the Inovit Torque (875kg) in Satin Black.

IMG_0633.jpg

IMG_0636.jpeg

Will get Conti AllSeasonContact fitted on Friday (if the wheels arrive on time).
245/45 front (8.5J) and 275/40 rear (10J)
In case I’m missing something what is the purpose of 10J rear wheels / wider tyres than the front?

Back