T5 -> T6 Dash conversion

dimka890

Hi all. I'm converting a T5 (2004 AXD) dashboard to a T6 with all the electronics and wiring replaced. I need photos of the T6 with the dashboard removed, I can’t decide exactly how the wires should be routed in the instrument cluster area.
Some photos. Partially removed the original wiring and began installing the wiring from the 2018 T6 California. I will be grateful for help!
photo_2024-04-12_14-44-08.jpg
photo_2024-04-12_17-12-23 (2).jpg

If anyone is interested. Installed wiring, interior parts and all electronic units from T6 2016+ in T5 2004 with AXD engine (The engine and its original control unit EDC16U1 remained in place)
View attachment 242450View attachment 242451View attachment 242452View attachment 242453
Hi! Can you tell me if all works for you? Is it all functional? Did you document all this brilliant work you done? I own 2003 AXD and wondering about such conversion however have looking for some tip of how to and what is needed to collect before start all the work.

Cheers for your advice!

Hi! Can you tell me if all works for you? Is it all functional? Did you document all this brilliant work you done? I own 2003 AXD and wondering about such conversion however have looking for some tip of how to and what is needed to collect before start all the work.

Cheers for your advice!
You could talk to @AlexJoe as he also has done it.

Cheers for your advice!
Yes, almost everything works
Two things that will almost certainly be impossible to get to work:
- Immobilizer
- Adaptive cruise control radar
If you need help or details, write to me, I will help

Used to love doing dash conversions, I've done a few in the past, corrado into mk2 golf, mk4 golf into mk3 golf, polo 6n2 gti into polo 6n. Nothinh better than a massive nest of wiring to sort through, very satisfying. Good luck with the swap.

Back