For Sale T6.1 3D Printed Double Cup Holder (PETG)

Is it possible to have one printed and delivered to Sweden? Or is it possible to buy the .stl to print for myself? :)

You can buy through Ebay here:

And if there was some way I could protect the design, I would give away the STL to anyone wanting to print their own, however I have no idea how to do this.

Thanks

Jason

You can buy through Ebay here:

And if there was some way I could protect the design, I would give away the STL to anyone wanting to print their own, however I have no idea how to do this.

Thanks

Jason

As an avid 3D printing / modelling enthusiast I share your concerns. As far as I know there is no way to protect STL from unauthorised redistribution.

Only way is to include a license if you decide to sell your design.

For example, this is what Cults3D have as a "Private Use License".
You are authorized to:

• Print and use the 3D prints of the 3D model for private use, in unlimited quantity;
  • Share the images of your 3D prints of the 3D model on communication media such as social networks or websites.
What is not allowed:

• No commercial use or public sharing of the 3D model;
  • No modification or adaptation of the 3D model for public sharing or sale;
  • No distribution, sale, donation or exchange of the digital files of the 3D model.

Additional deterring approach is to watermark with some kind of "inprint" with a logo/name into the model itself. But often times they are easily removed as well (if for say example on a flat surface).

This of course wouldn't stop a bad actor from buying the design and redistributing it.

Anyways thanks for the response and a great design, I probably need to try CAD something myself as me and my SO are planning to take a roadtrip with our new California next week :)

If your bottles or cups don't fit in the T6.1 factory cupholders, here is the solution;

Hooks over the existing cup holder, and a small support piece slides in behind to keep it more stable.

Plenty of clearance for the glovebox. A little care is needed if you have a swivel passenger seat.

Maximum cup diameter is 79mm*

£40 + £5 P&P UK only sorry. You are welcome to collect from PR6 7UX

Printed from PETG in Black, White, Grey or Red.

*The pockets are 80mm internal diameter and 80mm deep

This thread replaces the original one as the pricing was out of date, and the material used is now PETG (previously PLA+)

Original listing: For Sale - 3D Printed Double Cupholder (T6.1)

View attachment 241787

2021-08-23 14.10.24.jpg

2021-08-23 14.09.57.jpg

2021-08-23 14.10.53.jpg

2021-08-23 14.11.34.jpg

2021-08-23 14.11.57.jpg
Hi could I order one in black please

Hi, can I order one of these please?

Thank you
Hi Andy

Yes you can thanks

I have a discounted one ready to post, £5 off. The small plastic clip has broken off, but the older designs didn’t have this and the wedge stays in place anyway.

Or I can print a new one next week.

Please let me know.

Hi Andy

Yes you can thanks

I have a discounted one ready to post, £5 off. The small plastic clip has broken off, but the older designs didn’t have this and the wedge stays in place anyway.

Or I can print a new one next week.

Please let me know.
Hi Jason

Yes, I will take the one you have please.

Can you send me your payment details and I will transfer the money over to you

Many thanks

Andy

Paypal payment to jasondavidwade@gmail.com, for the discounted one it's £35 + P&P (£5) if paying by friends and family.
If you want the extra protection of commercial please add £2, or pick up the fees at your end.

Also I need your full name & address, mobile number and email address (for postal tracking)

Thanks

Jason

Last edited:
I have a gray one ready to post, and I'm about to print a small batch of black ones. Anyone interested?
1726410919471.png

I recently listed these cup holders on ebay, for the £45 + £5 P&P, that’s £5 more expensive than I sell them here on T6 forum, reason being that ebay want £7 in fees. Really, I only listed them to make use of the ebay GSP for non UK buyers.

Anyway, I had a buyer make an ‘offer’ of £10, saying something like ‘get real mate these are 3D printed!’, so I offered to enlighten the guy on the pricing, but his response was ‘you’re a criminal’.

I don’t feel I need to justify the cost, and really it doesn’t even make commercial sense for me to make these, more like an extension of a small hobby really, and I get to feel useful when anyone like them. But I did think about the costing and here is why they are £40+£5 P&P (£45 on ebay):

Design time -probably 15 hours of drawing, prototyping and getting to the point of a useful 1st attempt, plus another 15 hours of tweaking, small improvements etc.

Printer cost and maintenance - £400 ish, and yes I use it for other things, but 90% of it’s time is cup holders.

Time per unit – I reckon it takes about 2 hours of my time in total to get the filament, dry it, load it up, and get printing, then trim, file and tidy the finished print, then box ad post it.

Costs - filament, packaging, postage, electricity, printer replacement parts, is probably around £10-£15 in total.

Now I’ve written all that down, I probably should put the price up OR - If anyone is looking for a hobby/sideline I might be interested in selling the printer and the designs for this as a package!

Back