T6.1 front badge replacement problem

MrD

T6 Guru
Anyone come across this before?.

Removed front badge which was easy and painless, however refitting the new black badge is a nightmare it’s just not locating it seems the part pictures attached just freely moves in n out and retracts when any pressure is put on it eg refitting the badge/backing.

I have tried to refit the original badge and it’s doing the same it’s just not locating as the part behind just retracts. Am I doing something dim?

IMG_2597.jpeg

IMG_2598.jpeg

Well in good old fashioned bodging I pulled the part pictured above out then sikaflexed a few places around the circumference then let it go off for an hour or two.

Got the new black badge trimmed tabs off and sikaflexed the black backing to it then let it go off to a point. Then applied sikaflex to the whole rear of badge and edges then offered it up with masking tape holding it down. Fingers crossed .

I hate bodging things it plays on my mind but it’s not a critical part .

Well in good old fashioned bodging I pulled the part pictured above out then sikaflexed a few places around the circumference then let it go off for an hour or two.

Got the new black badge trimmed tabs off and sikaflexed the black backing to it then let it go off to a point. Then applied sikaflex to the whole rear of badge and edges then offered it up with masking tape holding it down. Fingers crossed .

I hate bodging things it plays on my mind but it’s not a critical part .
Some of the T6 versions of the aftermarket badge you had to take the grill off to attach. Because it required getting a firm grip on both sides to get it to attach. Not sure if the 6.1 is the same.

Reactions: MrD
Back