T6.1 new order delays

Due to my circumstance's I’m hoping my van is on its way but the dealer has said and I quote “ On my system it is still showing in production but due to the factory closing I cannot request anything further at this point. It may be the fact that it has been built but not been updated due to the factory being closed“
So non the wiser :cry::cry:

Mmmm received a email today in Australia .. Volkswagen has stopped all new orders on 4motion transporters in December all ordered before will be built as normal , t6.1 production will end as per normal at the end of 2024 with no switch to turkey with ford or anything similar.
A T8 will eventually be announced as a replacement for the T 6.1 but no indication on when ,what or how
therefore your T6.1 will be one of the last 4motions ever !
my eta haven’t changed ( whatever that is?)

Mine is due end of March and the dealer has said that he can invoice it then even if it is running late. The accountant is ok with it too.

I asked the same question but was told off the dealer that he couldn’t invoice it until it arrives in the country??

Like you I want the invoice in this current financial year even if the van comes later

Mmmm received a email today in Australia .. Volkswagen has stopped all new orders on 4motion transporters in December all ordered before will be built as normal , t6.1 production will end as per normal at the end of 2024 with no switch to turkey with ford or anything similar.
A T8 will eventually be announced as a replacement for the T 6.1 but no indication on when ,what or how
therefore your T6.1 will be one of the last 4motions ever !
my eta haven’t changed ( whatever that is?)
Mark - that's a better story than some are reporting which cheers me - also in Australia - ordered December last year and not a word - but at least this advice suggests it will arrive this year sometime - LWB 450 4Motion with a long list of options which I fear has slowed it down

I ordered 1 December 2021 and it’s now 13 months on but I know my wait time is 19 months.
I have had a full shoulder reco and into rehab for a good year so I have some time to hassle my dealer
every three weeks or so.. any news that comes along he gives me
I believe him on no more 4motions ( in Oz anyway) as Vw online configurater doesn’t allow you to select this option anymore
on new orders and dealers are now asking for more on any new 4M in stock that they have, sort of feel for the camper converter companies that now can’t offer the option

Given your timing that suggests mine may be another 6 months - I also feel.for the converters - mine is booked straight in for when it arrives but they must be worrying having to try and juggle arrivals as well - I just hope they can stay in business - another company I had dealt with emailed me recently advising of vacant build slots in the coming months which must be nerve wracking given how busy they were twelve months ago

It’s not VW that adds the price but your dealer.
My dealer told me that. I ordered 28/06/21 and collected 2/12/22. No price increase at all. Dealers have targets to achieve not VW

• Wow
Reactions: Bav
It’s not VW that adds the price but your dealer.
My dealer told me that. I ordered 28/06/21 and collected 2/12/22. No price increase at all. Dealers have targets to achieve not VW
Really? What a devious b@stard! :mad:

Evening all. I want to pull the trigger on a new order from a dealer what are the current wait times? can be dealing with sifting through all these pages

Evening all. I want to pull the trigger on a new order from a dealer what are the current wait times? can be dealing with sifting through all these pages
Not easy to put a number on the wait-time as there's a large variance. Mine arrived at the dealer today and I ordered 20 May 2021 - though I think my wait-time is at the higher end of the range.

Depends what you want. Something like a highline 150ps can be as little as 4-6 months. More specced vans over a year.

Depends what you want. Something like a highline 150ps can be as little as 4-6 months. More specced vans over a year.
199 DSG sportline Kombi with all the bits. I'm hoping the wait will be over a year. Sounds strange that I want a long wait but that works for me with my LTD company :thumbsup:

My neighbour got he’s Highline before me and ordered end of July 22.
It’s so weird how they work things out!

199 DSG sportline Kombi with all the bits. I'm hoping the wait will be over a year. Sounds strange that I want a long wait but that works for me with my LTD company :thumbsup:
When I collected my Sportline the dealer told me that if you ordered a Sportline now it won’t be ready till 2024. That was from JCB Sittingbourne.

Back