T6.1 Passenger Glove Box Removal

CAT3

I needed to remove my glove box today to carry out a little job & struggled to really find any pictures. or YouTube video of the trim panel, or specifically, where the plastic catches were located exactly, for the T6.1. There seemed to be loads of T6, but few T6.1 !

So, if it's of any help to anyone ........... !

This is the passenger side window de-mister vent removed, sorry the picture is a bit washed out, but the sun was a bit bright today when I took it out, but at least you can see exactly where the two clips are located that hold it in position !!
1944D263-19A5-4B61-B920-752E8ACBA0BE_1_201_a.jpeg

Next bit to remove is the side panel with the passenger airbag switch in. I put some masking tape around the join to try & avoid marking the plastic that I was levering against.
E71AA196-207A-46C3-A52C-AD5D1CF2B0B1.jpeg

The lower section was a bit harder to get off, requiring a different tool to aid removal.
67D31EC1-1DC1-4556-ACFF-A698C1A774F2_1_201_a.jpeg

A251FA68-CBE4-4D80-AE5F-33538B1B8C5B_1_201_a.jpeg

Obviously, if you disconnect the passenger airbag switch do not switch the ignition ON without plugging the switch back in otherwise you will have the airbag warning light on & you'll need to clear the fault code before it will reset !

The long, thin trim panel above the glove box lid was a bit awkward. Starting from the left-hand end, carefully lever it away from the dash. It needs a bit more force than you think, but providing you're careful & only pull small sections at a time it should came away, although I couldn't work out how to remove it completely, but as I only need access to the three screws in the glove box I just left it hanging at the right-hand end.

7F565DDA-1E08-4214-9736-BBD9B353C212.jpeg

With the three upper screws out & these three lower screws the glovebox should pull out easily, just remember to disconnect the two lights fitted in the glove box assembly. There were two little two-pin plugs to release.
15162D2A-2C58-4721-BF74-689DAE65A829.jpeg

I didn't need the lower black panel removing so that was left is position.
Again, this picture below is a bit washed out, but it's the hole where the cup holder/cig lighter/USB ports mount. This piece of trim was a bit tight to get out, but it shows exactly where the five clips are located & hence where you need to lever to get them to release. Like all trim panels, once you've taken them out/off once you are much wiser so hopefully these pictures will help.
51EEBB6A-3C01-47AA-9D4B-05B62C7251EC.jpeg

Awesome, as a fellow 6.1er thank you.

I've tweaked the thread title a bit to make it clearer.

One thing to watch on reassembly is where the electrical wires are and the soft close cable - I know this as after I picked up my van from the van centre after having the blend flap servo motor replaced under warranty I had to get the tech back out because mine wouldn't open properly :thumbsup:

Back