T6 Front Parking Sensor Replacement

Tim4eva

Hi, Had a look but can't see anything on the forum about changing a T6 faulty front parking sensor?
It's the sensor on the passanger side front, in line with the wheel arch, so the one nearest the kerb.

Started off with working sometimes, then ParkPilot fault now and them which got steadily worse until it doesn't work at all.
Mechanic told me which parking sensor was faulty and checked myself and this is the only one that doesn't click, so I guess that's the faulty one.
My hope is that I can replace the sensor without taking off the bumper, basically through removing the panel on the wheel arch?
Been to two mechanics but no one is interested in such a small or complicated job, don't know which, so I decided to give it a go myself if it's not that hard.

Anyone did this replacement, input appreciated, thanks

I've just replaced the front parking sensor on my 2017 T6 executive (Passenger side). Fiddly job, but I found no need to remove the bumper or wheel arch lining. Just used a good torch a long screw driver to help lift up the two clips that hold it in place. Hard push from the outside and it pops out. Not much room but with a little patience and a few swear words it comes out. Replaced with a genuine VAG sensor. Make sure you keep the little rubber seal as this does not come with the replacement sensors but from what I understand is only a few quid to replace as you would expect.

Back