T6 newbie

Dempsey

Hi folks,
I recently went over to Germany to get myself a T6, for good reason .

I've also got a t5.1 T28 which I bought new as an 84hp panel van. You couldn't order a colour coded pure grey then, so I got a start line in pure grey and ticked the options for AC, cruise, tailgate and spinning captain chairs, it worked out relatively better than buying a second hand van at the time.
The dealer told me they would order sport line spoilers and have them painted and fitted along with colour coding. When I turned up they hadn't bothered so I had that done elsewhere.
I had windows fitted all round, carpet lined it, fitted a night heater, insulated it etc. I had Colin at Oxford t5 fit a set of rails and caravelle rear seat and eibach 50mm drop and Pendle mapped it to 168hp and I got some borbet A's. We buzzed about like that for a good while all over the UK. Then I swapped out the 3 seater for a California 2 seater and made some ply low level cabinets. We kept buzzing around including a trip to france, Italy, Austria, Germany and Belgium. Then i got some black sport line 18's and fitted H&R anti rollbars. I thought we might be better off with a poptop so we had a hilo fitted.
And that's pretty much where we are, I thought about trading it in against a TSI when they were new but it's such a good van and having had it from new I know it well.

The new van.
So as time has gone on I've kicked myself for not getting a TSI to see what it would be like to live with even though I couldn't see myself getting rid of the T5.1.
This year I thought screw it and started looking in Europe as there is more choice. I found one I liked and tried organising picking it up but it fell through as a trader got there before me. Then I found another one about an hour from Munich and travelled after work.....

Workington -CAR- Penrith
Penrith -TRAIN- Euston
Euston -UG- Paddington
Paddington -TRAIN- Heathrow (tried to sleep)
Heathrow -PLANE- Munich IA
Munich IA -TRAIN- Munich city
Munich city -TRAIN- Ousburg
Ousburg -TRAIN- Metingen
Metingen -BUS- Wertingen

Bought then van and drove it 600 odd miles to Calais for the FERRY. My mate brought my trailer down to Dover and we loaded it and I drove it home. It was a shift and I had a right mission at Calais port(maybe more on that later) but I really enjoyed it.

So here it is a double slider TSI 4motion DSG German builders van with a few dents and scratches, well used inside, well serviced and mechanically seems sound.
Most at work think I'm crackers, but I know what I've bought and I'm made up over it oh and it drives lovely

IMG_20240621_073135.jpg

Last edited:
Looks very cool! Enjoy the new van! Assume by your original post you're in Europe a lot so ideal to have RHD and LHD vans!

Looks very cool! Enjoy the new van! Assume by your original post you're in Europe a lot so ideal to have RHD and LHD vans!
No, not really, the T5.1 will have to go, but I want to keep my California rear bench and rails, so I'll have to do some swapping around first and I should probably fully camperise the T5.1 whilst I'm at it. I might RHD the TSI next year, we'll see.

Back