T6 NWR by New Wave

Saw this earlier this week.
I cannot understand why they didn't use a highline as a base to start with.

Might have gotten that one slightly wrong, as was looking at a different monitor, co they say put at 5ft ish, BUT that's in a normal house, as they also say not at ceiling height OR where there might be draft/cross flow ventilation... Such as leaving the front windows cracked open....... Look forward to the debate, me I'd put it in the back end about mid height?

Might have gotten that one slightly wrong, as was looking at a different monitor, co they say put at 5ft ish, BUT that's in a normal house, as they also say not at ceiling height OR where there might be draft/cross flow ventilation... Such as leaving the front windows cracked open....... Look forward to the debate, me I'd put it in the back end about mid height?

?????????

@DaveBos It is all to do with the positioning of a gas monitor in the Potts conversion where it has been placed in the unit above the rear view mirror. @T6 Dave downloaded the fitting instructions for an LPG monitor instead of a CO monitor. The former would have been wrongly placed in this position as LPG is heavier than ait while there is, as yet no CO monitor recommended for use in caravans or motorbikes. Hope that explains things.

Last edited:
I get it now, missed the Potts link in @Twoguns post, was wondering what a gas detector had to to do with New Waves splendid effort of a van.

Why not buy a fast estate with a proper engine if you want a "mean" vehicle with comedy wheels and tyres that can carry stuff?

No no and no again.

The pinnacle of all I hate about the bloody VW van "scene."

@DaveBos It is all to do with the positioning of a gas monitor in the Potts conversion where it has been placed in the unit above the rear view mirror. @T6 Dave downloaded the fitting instructions for an LPG monitor instead of a CO monitor. The former would have been wrongly placed in this position as LPG is heavier than ait while there is, as yet no CO monitor recommended for use in caravans or motorbikes. Hope that explains things.
Damned predictive text - guess there's not much call for a CO monitor on a motorbike. :rofl::rofl: Of course it should have been "motorhome".

Damned predictive text - guess there's not much call for a CO monitor on a motorbike. :rofl::rofl: Of course it should have been "motorhome".

Having spent my years around bikers including patch clubs, depends on how much shite is waffled by the wannabes!

Hi all my turn again to put foot in mouth?

Not sure on the Potts camper about putting the Ebby heater control next to the detector at roof height, as hot air rises, and so won't give you a true reading of the cabin space temperature ? I would have thought lower down would have been more suitable for its thermostat that is contained in the Ebby controller? Opinions please folks... Nice van though.

The NWR might not be to everyone's tastes, but PLEASE bear in mind that people with wheelchairs etc find vans better, and why can't they have a gti style of van? Or is that the luxury of the able bodied?

'NWR' Designed & Built by Team NWCC - New Wave Custom Conversions

Have enjoyed these guys work over the years, what do you lot think ? I guess it will be a marmite van. Love it personally just what the Sportline should be.
There are bits I like (seats, detailing of gear stick gaiter, wheels), then there are bits I don't (sport line splitter, Lamborghini written on the callipers, the patterns on the roof lining). Overall a good looking van that will never suit everyone's taste, which is the appeal; you can do as much or as little as you want to - that's the beauty of individuality.

Back