Tail lights not working

Also consider the basic Carista dongle, it's not very much and the first month subscription is free, then at least you can see what the electronics think is going on.

None of the wires were exposed and I left the socket on, so shouldn’t be an issue hopefully. Nice one, will give my local garage a call and see if they can help!

Me again! Garage used vcds, cleared codes (lots apparently!) no joy. Checked bulbs, fuse, open connection 30? I got a Carista, cleared a load of faults, but gave me some fault codes I can’t clear,
01543 - Control module coded incorrectly
03435 - Terminal 30 for interior light/parking light: Open circuit
01504 - License plate light: Open circuit/short circuit to B+
03303 - Feedback lock status, left rear door: Implausible signal
25796 - Lost Communication With Body Control Module

Currently whipped out the cab headlining (where I think I caused this problem) and looked at wires. I can see a bit of tape wrapped around a wire that looks dodgy. It looks like a shrouded wire (like a tv aerial wire?) but looks a bit manky. Can I cut and rejoin? Looks like it’s what has happened previously, but it was insulated well with tape.

The garage suggested a faulty bcm, but others on here suggest unlikely and is an isolated fault? What do we think my next steps should be??? Help me!!!

We can't see what you're seeing without pictures - it's very hard to help with just text.

I’ve only bloody fixed it!!!!! Deaky’s photo with the red arrow was the fix for me…. The 7.5 brown fuse was in the wrong slot, in the green 30 slot above, so effectively, I had no fuse in place. Thank you for the photo Deaky, game changer for me! But, I now am wondering why have I got a green 30 fuse missing?!?!?! what is this for????

Back