TDI badging - random

Mine won't need a badge delete it has turned up like this... am I missing a few??IMG_8340.jpg

Does anyone know if badges were standard on the vans, as I have just been sent a pic of my new van before receiving ti and all it has is transporter and TDI in red, its a highline but not badged as such. don't really care but more curious?

Does anyone know if badges were standard on the vans, as I have just been sent a pic of my new van before receiving ti and all it has is transporter and TDI in red, its a highline but not badged as such. don't really care but more curious?
I have a sneaking suspicion that they randomly make it up as they go.

We've got "California" one side then all red TDI with 4motion below it; just about okay.

But I've seen Transporters with Highline, Bluemotion, T30/32, the power rating and TDI all in the right hand corner; a bit of a mess!!

I followed a red/white Gen6 yesterday and that had the all red TDI

image.jpeg
We've got "California" one side then all red TDI with 4motion below it; just about okay.

But I've seen Transporters with Highline, Bluemotion, T30/32, the power rating and TDI all in the right hand corner; a bit of a mess!!
Mines a bit of a mess then lol! Mine had them all on!

From what i have seen so far of the euro 6 vans just have transporter and TDI badge coloured to suit engine size, but i may be totally wrong
Could be vw saving money or they dont have the new badges made yet :unsure:
20161028_151602.jpg

From what i have seen so far of the euro 6 vans just have transporter and TDI badge coloured to suit engine size, but i may be totally wrong
Could be vw saving money or they dont have the new badges made yet :unsure:
View attachment 2870
That's how mine came too, until I had them all removed. A hell of a lot easier to clean and wax now.

With a crowbar and a hammer. Try a hairdryer to soften the adhesive first.

I have a sneaking suspicion that they randomly make it up as they go.

I'm with Polzeylad.......it's completely random from what I've seen. Mine doesn't have a bluemotion badge for example. Not fussed as I'm thinking of taking a hair drier and fishing line to mine.

Saw a T5 at busfest with an Audi performance lump in it but can't remember which one ?
Yes it has been done. You're right @Pauly it was on show at Busfest. I have just seen it in a VW magazine whilst waiting for my van to have an oil service, but can't remember the name of the publication.
here is a YouTube link to the van, it's a T5, so we can least smile that it's not all that!
and here is a link to it doing the 1/4 mile at Santa Pod.

Just wonder if VW have about given up on Diesel R&D now, so the chances of a V6 TDI T6 are fading very quickly. So maybe have to wait for the Tesla powered T7, sub 6secs 0-60:D:D:D
Don't forget that their is a 3.0 V6 TDI bi- turbo 320bhp in the Audi A6 and SQ5, which in all intent and purpose is a VW engine. The new SQ7 has a 429bhp 4.0 V8 TDI with twin turbo's and an electric compressor so no turbo lag, effectively giving a triple turbo set up.
Now that could be fun to squeeze in to the T6!:cool:

Back