Team Leisuredrive

Aside from the aesthetics there is the bonus that if the van keys are lost a pin punch and hammer will get access to the van!

1665339616275.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: CAB
Picking up our High Top SWB Vivante this week. We had a Trident for Years but found we outgrew the rock and roll bed. We are now back with a Camper with a better sleeping arrangement but far less storage. Any tips welcomed for internal storage accessories that you have found useful (nets?, "shoe" holders etc). Thanks

Picking up our High Top SWB Vivante this week. We had a Trident for Years but found we outgrew the rock and roll bed. We are now back with a Camper with a better sleeping arrangement but far less storage. Any tips welcomed for internal storage accessories that you have found useful (nets?, "shoe" holders etc). Thanks
Welcome to the team!

Storage is an issue, but with the high top you will have a reasonable wardrobe and space for the bedding.

We use Sistema baskets, we have three of the 5litre, perfect fit for the fridge, and one in each seat.

Clothing in packing cubes, but then again we only have the short cupboard and no high lockers.

But in the end we got fed up of having the bedding and our chairs packed in the lounge and forked out for a towbar and box!

Thanks. We are having a towbar fitted. (we have a small camping trailer) but had never given a box much thought. ? Have you a tailgate or barn doors? Have you any recommendations for a box?

We went for a Towbox V3.

Pros:
  • Biggest volume and dimensions we could find (fits 2x duvalays, reclining chairs go in at an angle, plus thermal roof cover, walking boots and rucsacs);
  • Lights and number plate holder integrated;
  • No need for a separate bike carrier (we don't use bikes).
Cons:
  • Bloomin' expensive (especially after Brexit, it's a lot cheaper in the EU);
  • It won't clamp on the towball fully loaded, have to unload, mount, and reload;
  • It tilts but you can't fully open the barn doors, enough to change water but not the loo cassette. Might be OK with a tailgate.
  • Mostly waterproof apart from round the lock; I am getting some thin self-adhesive closed cell foam to try and waterproof that area.
Have a look here for other ideas:

Don't forget to post some pics when you get your van!

Picked this up this week. One previous owner.. a lady who has had numerous Leisuredrives and features on their website. She had a few extras fitted...6 speed gear box, sensors, underfloor fresh water reservoir, heater etc. I'm having a towbar fitted and we still have our drive-away awning from our Autosleeper Trident days.
Minor teething problem...having difficulty operating catch on side sliding windows...wondering if I need a '"key" of sorts. I'll have a better look today when it warms up....1.5C at the moment.

IMG_1401.jpg

Hi. Vivante in build at Kearsley and looking forward to getting out in it when finished , Two singles will be our main setup and was looking at getting some Duvalay toppers , have read go for the 50cm thick but what width 56 , 66 or 77 wide . comment would be appreciated .

Hi

We just splashed out on a pair of duvalay toppers for our Vivante. Went for the 77 wides ones on the basis of filling in the aisle with the long back cushion so it becomes a double ish bed and there is enough width to turn over on.

Thanks wobbler. Our first thoughts are for single beds so do you think 77 would leave room for walking down the middle. Can you recall the width of the seats and was the duvalay good quality .

Thanks wobbler. Our first thoughts are for single beds so do you think 77 would leave room for walking down the middle. Can you recall the width of the seats and was the duvalay good quality .
77 is too wide when in single mode. It will flop over and obstruct you moving up the aisle.

66 probably OK.

We originally had 77, but since we have switched to mostly single mode we got a second set; they were 58 and there is a bit more width of bed that could be covered.

They are good. We originally had the 40mm but not enough for me, so now have the 50.

Hi Lummy,

Not a problem!

As i said, we set it up as a double bed - basically because the single bed arrangrmrnt feels too narrow for me (I'm 6'8" so not the slimmest - which is why we didnt go down the rock n roll bed route...) and i wanted something else there when i turn over.

Not used the toppers yet, but fingers crossed!

Picked up our Vivante at the beginning of February, done two weekends away in it so far, a bit chilly so leaving it till warmer weather now.

20240223_162420.jpg

Back