Team Startline with unpainted bumpers

My Startline swamper, albeit tarted up with the Business Pack.

PXL_20240830_151655146.MP.jpg

When I was looking to buy the final choice came down to two vans.

Both only 3000 miles, both 110 (my first engine choice), but one was a Highline with a slightly poorer camper spec (no diesel heater, no awning), or the Startline with the business pack so AC, regular cruise, etc, and a slightly better spec camper (it's going back to have the awning fitted.)

The Highline van spec itself didn't bring anything to the table that interested me so I went for the Startline with the better spec camper and kept the 8 grand price difference firmly in my own wallet.

Last edited:
For all of you with you unpainted bumpers, any recommendations on treatments to keep them looking fresh and dark?
Wash it regularly. The plastic fades as chemicals in road dirt reacts with UV in sunglight, so simply keeping them clean can halt this.

Otherwise Concept Vista or the very similar but more expensive Owatrol are both excellent semi-permanent revivers of faded plastics, one or two annual applications usualy being enough to keep them looking good.

Looking at older T5s on ebay they all seem to go eventually. I use Meguires back to black on mine.

I have been pondering recently whether painted bumpers would work, colour matched to the startline bumpers maybe with a textured finish ??

A little bottle goes around a long way with that stuff . I bought the bigger bottle (which is still tiny) and did both bumpers twice (with a 2 year gap in between).

I think the bumpers work on a white van, especially if you go for a black and white colour scheme or a Swamper look.

Back