The dreaded engine warning light…

icn05

T6 Pro
After managing to damage the bodywork recently, and the conversion issues complete with leaking pop top roof, it was only a matter of time before something went wrong under the bonnet…

Engine warning light came of just after starting up this morning. Plugged Carista in & got fault code

23871 insufficient flow

Bit confused searching on here whether thats EGR or adblue related (no adblue warnings showing)

The fault cleared after resetting and hasn’t returned so far but only drove a few miles.

The last regen seemed to complete ok as I went for a spin on the motorway until it had completed

The DPF monitor app showed the following, does anyone know if the readings are something to worry about?

IMG_4308.jpeg

It’s usually EGR cooler related rather than DPF

For anyone who has had a similar message, does the engine warning light usually come on within a couple of minutes of starting from cold or when you’re on a run?

Driven about 150 miles since I reset on Carista & no faults are showing atm

I had a spate of the light coming on for the insufficient flow. Unsurprisingly, it was the EGR. Each time I reset it (probably 5 or 6 times in total) it would always come on during a run. Never immediately after starting. I think that the airflow when idling isn't enough to trigger the pressure threshold. It may well need to be triggered a few times or be constantly over/under the trigger point for a set amount of time.

I had a spate of the light coming on for the insufficient flow. Unsurprisingly, it was the EGR. Each time I reset it (probably 5 or 6 times in total) it would always come on during a run. Never immediately after starting. I think that the airflow when idling isn't enough to trigger the pressure threshold. It may well need to be triggered a few times or be constantly over/under the trigger point for a set amount of time.
Thanks, just wondering (well hoping!) if it might have been a glitch somewhere as the engine light came on almost straight after starting from cold. The van was driving ok, and the fault hasn’t reappeared since even after a good 40 miles motorway run & back.

Fingers crossed

The first time that I reset it, about 2 months went by before it came on again.

Back