Three Bridges camper

former member

Account closed
T6 Pro
Spotted this on the web and thought it might be worth posting:
VW T6 CAMPERVAN SWB - THREE BRIDGE CAMPERS SUPPLIED CAMPER - ONLY 8600 MILES | eBay

I really like the interiors of their campers and this one is no exception but feel it's let down by a very standard looking cab and a 102 engine. They then list a power upgrade to almost 180bhp - eermmm, how are they planning to almost double the power - please don't tell me, with a remap?! And I guess that means it's 5 speed?

So it's great as a camper, looks nice from the outside (although are those wheels steels with plastic hub covers?!!) but as with so many conversions, it's let down by a low rent base van.

Could be worth a cheeky offer though if anyone is in the market for this sort of van?

I visited them a while back and everything I saw was very high quality and really well done.
I guess they're offering their customers ultimate choice in the finished vehicle spec.

I visited them a while back and everything I saw was very high quality and really well done.
I guess they're offering their customers ultimate choice in the finished vehicle spec.
Yes you're probably right - for the living area space, I think they are the best looking conversions out there. Kind of need a California base, a 204 engine and 4motion then a Three Bridges living area conversion. That would be very nice (and very expensive)!

It would be costly but doable if you started with a caravelle.
Most converters don't like starting with a shuttle or caravelle as there is a lot that they need to remove - I was thinking of going that route but in the end have got a Kombi as a starting point.

Most converters use a window van hence the green tinted windows.

Most converters use a window van hence the green tinted windows.
Many go for panel vans as it gives them more of a blank canvas to work with plus, if doing a new conversions on an older van, as lots of the smaller outfits do, there are likely to be more panel vans out there.

Well I know CMC, bilbos' and hillside favour the window van. Because they all told me I had made a mistake by ordering a panel van at the NEC last year.

Hillside definitely prefer panel vans - that is where I purchased from. Probably easier for them to mark up if they provide the van.

I like the three bridge interiors but they are expensive.... we went to see then and talked through a quote.... £29k. I struggled to see the premium over what I've got to be honest.

Back