Tow bar electrics instructions for genuine loom

Gadgets

T6 Pro
Hi on a factory fitted towbar does your van have an alert light on the dash or a buzzer to confirm trailer lights are working?

I have just had genuine VW wiring kit fitted and there is no provision for a buzzer in the new loom.

Or is it a programming thing to get the lights on buzzer to beep when the trailer is connected??

The T6 alarm comes on when trailer plug is removed if van alarm is armed. Nice touch on the highline I think.

Hi on a factory fitted towbar does your van have an alert light on the dash or a buzzer to confirm trailer lights are working?

I have just had genuine VW wiring kit fitted and there is no provision for a buzzer in the new loom.

Or is it a programming thing to get the lights on buzzer to beep when the trailer is connected??

The T6 alarm comes on when trailer plug is removed if van alarm is armed. Nice touch on the highline I think.
No you have to go around and check or get some one to check while you sit in the cab operating the brake lights etc.

Factory fitted tow bar electrics stopped working! vehicle not sensing trailer now when reversing too!
2016 T6 (T32) Kombi

Checked fuses under passenger seat, 30A fuse good and both 20A fuses good

Found my trailer plug was water logged possibly causing the fault. trailer plug now repaired but absolutely nothing working when connected to the van? trailer lights work fine using workshop battery.

Thanks.

Ps, anyone yet posted a fuse list/location map?

Factory fitted tow bar electrics stopped working! vehicle not sensing trailer now when reversing too!
2016 T6 (T32) Kombi

Checked fuses under passenger seat, 30A fuse good and both 20A fuses good

Found my trailer plug was water logged possibly causing the fault. trailer plug now repaired but absolutely nothing working when connected to the van? trailer lights work fine using workshop battery.

Thanks.

Ps, anyone yet posted a fuse list/location map?
I had a similar problem after crossing wire on new trailer plug, suddenly lost all power to plug. After much hassle and fault finding (reason why I feel compelled to share), I ended up taking it to Towbar place and they found a inline fuse buried underneath the RH rear quarter plate under van. Geez! Not sure who put this there, whether from VW or aftermarket but sure was all time dumbest place to put a 50c fuse! Problem solved. FYI the ECU was also not easy to find, it was under the panel below the RH tail light.

Hi dose any one have a copy of the instructions for genuine tow bar electrics got brand new kit for good price but no instructions can any one confirm if it’s the same as the westfilla one thanks kirk

Hi dose any one have a copy of the instructions for genuine tow bar electrics got brand new kit for good price but no instructions can any one confirm if it’s the same as the westfilla one thanks kirk
I didnt know you could buy the OEM kit. Have you got any part numbers please? And possibly details of how you sourced it? Thanks

I didnt know you could buy the OEM kit. Have you got any part numbers please? And possibly details of how you sourced it? Thanks
Hi bought of some who advertised it all the plugs on it say vw / Audi I have seen a post on here we’re somewhere asked for advice on fitting a genuine one that they bought from tps have messaged him but haven’t herd owt yet thanks kirk

Back