Tuning my t6.1 to 400? Possible?

edward harris

Hey guys I’ve recently had my t6.1 2021 197tdi mapped at MRC. One of the first to be mapped on that ecu as far as I know.
Managed 277hp.
My question is now the ecu has been unlocked what’s the limiting factor to push more power?
Would some hybrid turbos see more power or are there other limiting factors?
Not too worried about the transmission for now just what will stop me getting more power from the engine?
Any help appreciated, thanks

Your wallet will be the limiting factor! Increases in power cost exponentially more to achieve, and then rebuild when it goes bang. Even if 400 bhp is achievable, I can't see it lasting very long.

Is yours the 2.0 BiTDI?? 204ps?

If so I thought that MRC hadn't cracked that ECU yet, only the standard 2.0 TDI

Very interested to hear if yours is the twin turbo or not!

You’ll need a bigger turbo (probably BMW), intercooler, bigger injector nozzles, and a decent remap and even probably methonal injection to get anywhere near 400 bhp on your van. After that you’ll have to consider bigger clutch plates even solid DMF to keep things together.
Hope you have deep pockets!!

You’ll need a bigger turbo (probably BMW), intercooler, bigger injector nozzles, and a decent remap and even probably methonal injection to get anywhere near 400 bhp on your van. After that you’ll have to consider bigger clutch plates even solid DMF to keep things together.
Seems he has, not our worry so should be an interesting read

Is yours the 2.0 BiTDI?? 204ps?

If so I thought that MRC hadn't cracked that ECU yet, only the standard 2.0 TDI

Very interested to hear if yours is the twin turbo or not!
Yes mine is the twin turbo 204hp as standard. I think mine was the first one MRC have done

I’d imagine a hybrid turbo might see an extra 100hp? Does anyone know what the intercoolers are good for? doubt anyone’s tested one so might just try it out and check temps. Clutch I’d leave standard until it gives up. It’s not something I’d be driving hard alot as it’s a work van but it’s just nice to have the power when I want it.

Back