Tyre condition advice please

another curveball, what about buying a delivery set of devonports? you will get an alloy upgrade too and 4 virtually brand new tyres for less or equal to 4 new tyres for your 16" claytons. all load rated and made for vw transporter
@BognorMotors was selling sets.. just a thought?

David, thank you, that sounds like a great idea, they are a good price then, I'll check them out thank you, :)

David, thank you, that sounds like a great idea, they are a good price then, I'll check them out thank you, :)
Needingworth_campers on eBay have sets of 16” Claytons with tyres (delivery mileage) for £350. Collection only from St.Ives, Cambs. though. They have a set of four steel wheels with tyres for the price of one new tyre!

BognorMotors on this forum have 17” Devonport wheels with tyres (again, delivery mileage) for £500 plus VAT. They have a post about it somewhere.

Needingworth_campers on eBay have sets of 16” Claytons with tyres (delivery mileage) for £350. Collection only from St.Ives, Cambs. though. They have a set of four steel wheels with tyres for the price of one new tyre!

BognorMotors on this forum have 17” Devonport wheels with tyres (again, delivery mileage) for £500 plus VAT. They have a post about it somewhere.
I will do a bit of research, many thanks :)

Are you anywhere near Stockport?

I always use Direct Tyres (Protyre) on New Bridge Lane. You can see what is availbale on the Protyre website.

Michelin Agilis Cross Climates on mine.

And don't forget you will need to change the spare as well!

Skyliner33 said days ago to just look at buying a set of wheels with tyres would be the cheapest solution

Are you anywhere near Stockport?

I always use Direct Tyres (Protyre) on New Bridge Lane. You can see what is availbale on the Protyre website.

Michelin Agilis Cross Climates on mine.

And don't forget you will need to change the spare as well!
Thank you CAB, the spare looks good, do I have to change that aswell :rolleyes: yes I could get to Stockport, those Michelin Agilis seem to be popular, are they C rated

You can get a set of delivery mileage Clayton’s on here for £250-£300 and they’ll have good brand VW fitment tyres with minimal mileage.

Thanks Spaghetti that's a reasonable price :) thank you

Thank you CAB, the spare looks good, do I have to change that aswell :rolleyes: yes I could get to Stockport, those Michelin Agilis seem to be popular, are they C rated

Thanks Spaghetti that's a reasonable price :) thank you
I would always change the Spare.

C rated - Agilis are Michelin's van tyre range.

Very happy with the Cross Climates, they do feel more secure in the wet.

Those tyres are perished which is why the splits and cracks are there and definitely time for replacement, i know a few have said but if your tight for money some delivery mileage claytons or davenport will be the cheapest way to get 4 new tyres and you will get some cash for your old ones. if you want AT's like in the picture they are also great and will transform the look of a van but being quite coarse treaded will affect fuel economy and road noise, some less aggressive AT's may be a better option.

what load rating is your van, is it a t28,30,32 as if its one of the higher ones you will need to check you have sufficient load rating for your vehicle

I would always change the Spare.

C rated - Agilis are Michelin's van tyre range.

Very happy with the Cross Climates, they do feel more secure in the wet.
Thanks you that's good to know they are the ones I like, very re-assuring thank you :)

Those tyres are perished which is why the splits and cracks are there and definitely time for replacement, i know a few have said but if your tight for money some delivery mileage claytons or davenport will be the cheapest way to get 4 new tyres and you will get some cash for your old ones. if you want AT's like in the picture they are also great and will transform the look of a van but being quite coarse treaded will affect fuel economy and road noise, some less aggressive AT's may be a better option.

what load rating is your van, is it a t28,30,32 as if its one of the higher ones you will need to check you have sufficient load rating for your vehicle
Led, thank you, I have a t28 and money is not a problem so I can have the best ones if necessary, I don't want any more noise, as van seems noisy to me compared to my car :rolleyes: so maybe less aggressive would be better, but I do go off road onto rocky terrain now and again, and the Cheshire roads are :devil: but thank you coz I can make an informed decision now and they should last many years

There are plenty of less aggressive at tyres so perhaps try and take a middle ground. You can also try and insulate and sound deaden the cab floor and arches that makes a big difference to the overall noise.

Generally if you want it to be compliant and phot hole prof bigger tyres help, but keeping down the noise sticking with an 16” or 17” gives you lots more side wall so pot holes etc are much less harsh

There are plenty of less aggressive at tyres so perhaps try and take a middle ground. You can also try and insulate and sound deaden the cab floor and arches that makes a big difference to the overall noise.

Generally if you want it to be compliant and phot hole prof bigger tyres help, but keeping down the noise sticking with an 16” or 17” gives you lots more side wall so pot holes etc are much less harsh
Thank you, is very good advice, I will go for something in between, not too harsh, it's mostly for normal roads so that will be good :)

Back